RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Gunner's Up Holding blind

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Gunners Up 
#1 ·
Gunner's Up sent me a holding blind to test several months ago. I stand behind anything I recommend so I wanted to wait a while before I posted anything about them to make sure they were a quality product. I have put some very heavy use on it so far and it still looks and functions like brand new. These are very light weight and I was worried that would equal something that would not hold up to heavy use. This is not the case the light weight poles are still straight and show no signs of wear. I have used these by myself, with my training group, and at club training days. I am not easy on my equipment, I set it up, take it down and toss it in the truck. No special care at all.

Iam not sure if it comes in other patterns, but mine is the digital camo and it seems to blend in well with most cover if that is what I am using it for. It comes in three and four pole models. Our club liked them so much that we are going to order some for the club.

I know this will be looked at with skeptisim since I received this to test for them, but I assure you they are a very nice blind.

#4 ·
Looks like a copy of Butch Greens holding Blind only not as well finished. $150.00 I will stick with Butch Green better finish on the blind material and a much better price. Poles are both the same from what I can see only butch doesn't powder coat his poles. Butch's blinds are hard to beat for the $$$ The quality is first rate and Butch stands behind everything he sells!!
Warren Price

#5 ·
Warren,

I think you may suffer from little man syndrome or maybe more like little winger syndrome! Every time someone posts a question or statement about Gunners Up, Zinger, Tangelo, etc. you have a negative comment & then post "Hey look at my company, hey look at my company". Do a search on your previous posts & you'll see what I'm talking about.

Life's too short to be negative all the time. Focus your efforts on self/business improvement & quit worrying so much about your competitors & the rest will take care of itself.

Business Mgt. 101 regards,

Richard Davis

#10 ·
Jeff
Yes those are Butch Greens blinds not a copy! We are always interested in products that exceed others in design and quality. Dogs Afield does sell our equipment. Trainrite bird launchers and releases.
Butch Green quite simply has set the standard for blinds, craftmanship, quality and a long service life! No brag needed the product is excellant!
Warren Price

#14 ·
Dear Steve Shaver,

I apologize if you find my business practices offensive. If you don’t mind me asking, where did we error so we can get better meet your expectations next time? Were we offensive in producing first class training products and offering them at more affordable price points? Or was it providing world class customer service for every product we sell? Perhaps it was the 24 hour turnaround time on all Gunners Up orders or the same day repair policy? Maybe it was the deeply discounted launchers we offer to clubs as raffle items so they can host trials and buy new equipment? Did we do something wrong/offend when we donated 10’s of thousands of dollars in product and cash to national retriever organizations for scholarship funds, relief funds and to help offset the costs of holding and running their national events? Maybe our offense was something as simple as we brought competition to the market place and offered an alternative to the status quo?

Gunners Up works extremely hard to be a trusted friend/source for the retriever community, a steward and sponsor of the retriever sports and operate a small/slightly profitable business at the same time. Sometime those three objectives don’t necessarily mix but we try very hard to maintain a good balance. If we can get better, I would love to hear about it. If you’re just pissed for no particular reason then let’s just move on.

All the best!

Richard Davis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.