The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fast & Furious: research for the truth

Sadly, it will take a long time for the Oversight Committee to obtain the documents they requested -- that is, if they ever get them. The American people can only speculate as to what the documents will prove as to who in the DOJ granted approval. How high did it go? We probably will never learn the truth. Certainly the truth will not be known before November.

Documents at hand prove that Asst. AG Lanny Breuer, Chief of the DOJ's Criminal Division, knew and approved. Documents at hand also prove that "someone" at the DOJ approved funding the operation. Will Lanny Breuer face criminal charges? Right now he is facing nothing. Has he been fired? No. He hasn't even been transferred. Paycheck and retirement are still intact.

The DOJ looked for a fall guy. First they blamed ATF's Phoenix AZ, office saying it was a rogue operation on their part. Nobody got fired. Nobody got charged. ATF supervisiors in Phoenix got transferred.

When ATF agents in the field complained that DOJ's U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke (who was the DOJ's prosecuting officer in AZ) would not prosecute or act when ATF agents seized straw man gun sellers, Burke became the fall guy. Was the DOJ's U.S. Attorney in AZ fired or charged? No, he was allowed to resign.

ATF Actiing Chief Melson knew about F & F and testified behind closed doors in July 2011 that he sent ATF reports about F & F to the DOJ after he read them. He also said that the DEA and the FBI were involved. He also said that Eric Holder received briefings on Fast and Furious as early as July 2010. Melson was not fired or charged. In Aug 2011 the DOJ transferred him to another division called the Office of Legal Policy where he is a senior supervisor of forensic science. (Paycheck and retirement intact.)

A month later (Sept 2011) Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano was asked at an Oversight Hearing when she knew about the operation. She testified she did not know about it while it was underway (it operated for about 13 months, from Nov. 2009 - January/Feb 2011). I guess for 13 months nobody at the ATF, the DEA, the FBI, or the DOJ told Janet about a gun walking operation that was going on in her home state.

So for 13 months about 2,500 illegal guns were provided by the ATF (via the DOJ) to gun shops in So. AZ for them to sell to straw buyers who hustled the approx 2,500 AK47s and other guns across the border to sell to the Mexican cartels. ATF field agents were told to look the other way. If Customs discovered any guns, they were told to let them pass through.

Since Asst AG Lanny Breuer knew and approved from the get go, do you think he ever told his boss Eric Holder?

If no one gets charged with criminal charges, if no one gets fired, this is going to happen again because there is no accountability and no punishment.

How high did it go? The DOJ wants us to believe it went no higher than ATF Acting Chief Melson.
    Helen

I found this article about f&f to be very enlightening.

http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...iid=SF_F_River
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

If in fact what is printed there is true, why does this administration insist on withholding documents?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    If in fact what is printed there is true, why does this administration insist on withholding documents?
    Because there are communications between the messiah and his AG, directly discussing the F & F activity. It's impeachable information, thus the decision to shut the committee down by Obama. The only way the nation will find this out, is when Obama is thrown out of office, and then we'll see some transparency on what went on. The corruption is incredulous.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I find this one even more "enlightening!!"

http://www.rollcall.com/news/darrell...-215828-1.html
    Stan b & Elvis

Of course if we had all of the guns registred then this never would have happened. We need a national gun registration to stop the guns from going to Mexico. It would help keep guns from the gangbangers too I'm sure. Oh and the NRA is to blame also for weakening the gun laws we have.

Ya very enlightening Buzz. Enlightened me enough to not finish the article as I do not agree with their premise from the get go but I am sure the gun control advocates are all over it.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    .................................................. ............We need a national gun registration to stop the guns from going to Mexico............................................ .........
    Not sure that this is a very good answer.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Not sure that this is a very good answer.
    He didn't mean it... sarcasm...
    Bill Davis

Buzz, I read the article you cited. I am still puzzled why these people did not speak up sooner. What would be the reason for that?

It could have been to not make public that they had some "loose cannons" in their agency. However, that would not be near as much a fault to admit to as the mess that has been created. Maybe they should all have been fired for just being stupid?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

If Holder didn't have anything to hide wouldn't he say investigate me, this makes him and the WH look really bad.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )