The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WIC and beer, so insane

Default WIC and beer, so insane

So I stopped in to the grocery store yesterday around 4:30 pm to grab some milk and dog cookies. Can't run out of dog cookies ya know, can live without the milk!
    The person in front of me has milk, cheese and cereal that they pay for with a taxpayer funded WIC check and a 12 pack of beer that they pay cash for.
    So they can afford beer but we the taxpayer pay for the food????
    What is wrong wth this picture???
    Yes I did make comments about it and I hope they felt at least a bit of shame. Of course they did not put back the beer!
    This is what really infuriates taxpayers.
    I would love a liberal to defend this.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I stopped at the local legion last night and had a few drinks with seven farmers, who received tax payed funded insurance, two of them had vehicles from the cash for clunkers program, it's endless isn't it? Heck if I started a new thread every time I saw a person with a beer that received a payout from the government..........

That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

?????????????????
    So you found this?
    I'm confused.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I stopped at the local legion last night and had a few drinks with seven farmers, who received tax payed funded insurance, two of them had vehicles from the cash for clunkers program, it's endless isn't it? Heck if I started a new thread every time I saw a person with a beer that received a payout from the government..........
    It's just one of those things that make me see red. I always food shop based on the meat sales and stock my freezer, pantry etc yet I am forced to pay for the waste by those that steal from the taxpayer. WIC is for items not $ so I the taxpayer shop for value while the leach can get the most expensive on my dime!

According to several RTF members people are entitled to all of this aren't they? I mean come on doesn't everyone have a right to lobster and steak. Geez, you 1%er's or what ever you call yourselves. So what if you go to work everyday to provide for your family and the countless others that are on the taxpayers handout plan. Oh wait according to many on here those people didn't choose their plight in life, instead it was thrust upon them by those greedy conservative bast#rds who care about nothing but getting ahead. To think some of the people on here actually have the nerve to use the phrase, "Give me a break" when someone points this type of behavior out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Having worked on a register in a grocery store back in the day when food stamps were actually food stamps while paying my way thru college the screwing of the taxpayer was right in my face. The attempts to try and cheat even what was on a WIC check happened everyday. From trying to get more ounces of cereal than allowed hoping the cashier would not actually add up the ounces to using a cheese check to try and get imported brie cheese.

Did you see on the bottom of the receipt "Life is full of choices....."
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    Did you see on the bottom of the receipt "Life is full of choices....."
    Where is the choice for the federal income taxpayer to not pay for this crap?
    I choose not to pay for someone to eat lobster while I shop the sales but that doesn't matter. The feds still take my money and give it to someone who buys with my hard earned money what is not in my budget but could be if I weren't paying their bill!!!

Choice to not pay taxes? Surely you jest...

The only way to have the Fed stop taking your money is to change the Power Brokers in government...vote Obama out of office but don't vote for Romney either. I know, I know, this is a somewhat stupid comment but until we get the big parties out of the way and get people in government that actually care about the American people, NOTHING will change.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson