The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WIC and beer, so insane

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Sambo, I just have to ask and I'm not trying to be hatefull or anything. My spelling is bad anymore so, please, excuse that. Where and when did you go through school ? What was your highest grade level that you completed. I changed schools in the 9th grade and it was an eye opener. I had previously attended public school and then started school in a larger church run school. It took me all evening and part of each night to complete my English home work in the new school. Public school English classes were a joke but being a 'kid" I had no idea what I had been missing. Thanks to Mrs. Welch part of my ignorance was "cured".
    Shelbyville High School

Texas A&M BBA

The University of Chicago MBA

Never have been able to spell and spell check saves me. I proof my work on things that are important and if its really important I have my wife do it. I could do better but obviously they getting my points.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    so much irony here ^^^......and as for value, I find great entertainment value in EVERYONE'S point of view, never been a fan of censorship or muzzling someone just because I don't agree with them, because I always have the choice to move on, or respond,despite their ignorance
    I'm just tired of his attacks at charactor because he does not agree. I may attack what someone says because that is what we are suppose to be doing and that is arguing the differnt views and hopefully we are better for it. If everyone agrees with you why bother to say anything on here. However, I'm sure that folks have taken some of my post and shifted opinion or rethought their existing opinion. I know I have learned from others.

We life in different parts of the country and that help frame our opinions on things. We have different upbrings, different proffessions, age, etc. We all want the same thing on here and our past have shaped us.

My biggest difference with you guys is that I think the democrats positions is best for us working men. I spent many a year listening to the republicans tell me how my tax dollars are wasted and I agreed with them and it made me angry like some of you folks. However, I finally realized that the rheteric was being used to get my vote and at the end of the day, I was not their concern. On the other hand the democrats do the same thing but I'm more economical aligned with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I'm just tired of his attacks at charactor because he does not agree. I may attack what someone says because that is what we are suppose to be doing and that is arguing the differnt views and hopefully we are better for it. If everyone agrees with you why bother to say anything on here. However, I'm sure that folks have taken some of my post and shifted opinion or rethought their existing opinion. I know I have learned from others.

We life in different parts of the country and that help frame our opinions on things. We have different upbrings, different proffessions, age, etc. We all want the same thing on here and our past have shaped us.

My biggest difference with you guys is that I think the democrats positions is best for us working men. I spent many a year listening to the republicans tell me how my tax dollars are wasted and I agreed with them and it made me angry like some of you folks. However, I finally realized that the rheteric was being used to get my vote and at the end of the day, I was not their concern. On the other hand the democrats do the same thing but I'm more economical aligned with them.

because in a free and open society and a forum such as this, if it was just two people going back and forth it doesnt open any other points of view for discussion

what would it look like if the other left leaning RTF'ers that agreed with you didnt post because they shared your sentiment...it would make for a very boring place

the same goes for dog training on the main forum...the answers usually appear within the first half dozen posts,but it makes for better discussion if someone adds a new wrinkle every so often, otherwise all you have is a mutual admiration society also know as a circle jerk

You are very opinionated which is perfectly fine....but sometimes you don't take it as well as you dish it out...you can toe the party line all you want but do you honestly think you are going to change hearts and minds here on POTUS....heck its even harder on the main forum, people cling to their training DVD's and gurus stronger than people on here stick to their candidates
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

In Sambos defense, I see exactly where is coming from, if someone posts just about anything negative about a political figure from the right the attacks are personal, not trying to argue the point just personal attacks. I think he takes quite a bit of abuse and argues his position seldom lashing back. Now I imagine the next post will be someone probably calling me a left wing nut job, because I defended the guy.

I just finished "The Amateur" by Edward Klein. Both you & Buzz should read it - took me about 3 hours & is straightforward. The author interviews a large number of people both supporters & detractors of the current POTUS & comes up with a profile that many on this forum recognized prior to his election.

As an aside, would MCain have done better? I've never been a McCain fan (another lifer on the public teat) but will say we would probably be doing better in the Arab states.

Funny thing today - I'm ordering some products from a place in KS, & the conversation turns to the fact that the government has never run anything well, as we were talking of the USPO & delivery times. I'm sure I brightened up the day of the person taking the order - a male, which is unusual on the receiving end of phone orders .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Maybe, but it really isn't about the working man anymore, or shouldn't be. It is now about the country, because if we don't get the country back in shape, it won't matter what happens to the working man.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson