The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: I'm NOT in dire straits, but...

Default I'm NOT in dire straits, but...

... just in case I'm gone tomorrow

One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't "anymore".

No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute."

Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, say "I love you."

So while we have it, it's best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage.....And old cars... And children with bad report cards, and dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a sister-in-law after divorce. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special.. And so, we keep them close!

Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know you love them?

Important thing is to let every one of your friends know you love them, even if you think they don't love you back.

And just in case I'm gone tomorrow.........................................

Please vote against Obama......

When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

TOO FUNNY!! I Love it!!!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't "anymore".

No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute."

Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, say "I love you."

So while we have it, it's best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage.....And old cars... And children with bad report cards, and dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a sister-in-law after divorce. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special.. And so, we keep them close!

Important thing is to let every one of your friends know you love them, even if you think they don't love you back.

I wish I could sit and visit with you Uncle Bill.
    I understand what you are saying!

PEACE!!!

I will see you down the road!

And I will indeed vote Obama out..........
    Stan b & Elvis

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Thumbs up so true

Bill my wife and I were sitting talking about getting our wills made. I was just looking around on RTF and saw this and started reading it to my wife.......I was reading it to her very seriously ( strange for me) LOL . When I read her the punch line I was thinking maybe I had waited too long to get our wills done . She lost her breath from laughing so hard.......but all is well.she is still smiling.............Thanks and you can bet your a$$ we both are voting against obama.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

Amen.......
    Bill Davis