The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Doomed

  1. #1
    Senior Member kjrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2,414

    Default Doomed

    There is no hope when the likes of Charlie Rangel wins a primary.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

  2. #2
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,792

    Default

    Charlie Rangel -D

    John McCain-R

    Daniel Inouye-D

    John Conyers-D

    John Dingell-D

    Thad Cochran-R

    Pete Stark-D

    Patrick Leahy -D

    Orrin Hatch-R


    Term limits would eliminate all these dinosaurs, along with many others
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  3. #3
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Makes you wonder: if polls show voters dislike Congress even more than Obama, why do they keep re-electing these guys? How come they do not realize that these are the guys who make Congress what it is (or is not).

    Obviously, polls don't mean a heckuva lot.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  4. #4
    Senior Member dback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    There is no hope when the likes of Charlie Rangel wins a primary.
    Can't give up but I've sure thought about it a few times lately.........
    The support Pelosi & Boxer have in their respective districts is mind boggling. Oooor.......Hank Johnson???????? Shesh! Are you kidding me...
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

  5. #5
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Can't give up but I've sure thought about it a few times lately.........
    The support Pelosi & Boxer have in their respective districts is mind boggling. Oooor.......Hank Johnson???????? Shesh! Are you kidding me...
    HaHa!! yes, you must be careful about putting too much weight on one side of an island...
    Bill Davis

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Makes you wonder: if polls show voters dislike Congress even more than Obama, why do they keep re-electing these guys? How come they do not realize that these are the guys who make Congress what it is (or is not).

    Obviously, polls don't mean a heckuva lot.
    Sure they do...look at the polls in individual districts and you will see that the individual congresspersons have generally good support. When you put 400+ of them in a room is when the polls start to change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •