The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Now that we have a new "TAX" to deal with...

Default Now that we have a new "TAX" to deal with...

...just think of the possibilities for future congresscritter's abilities to ADD more of the same. And you can BET if the current oligarchy remains in power, we'll be seeing these within the next 4 years. Rejoice you lefties. Now more than ever, you will be seeing everything your Federal Gubmint can do, will be done. My friend Rob Port has only a starting list of what can happen. It just must be like a Christmas gift rolled up into a birthday present for all the something-for-nothing crowd.

UB

The Obamacare Supreme Court Precedent Means You Can Be Taxed For Doing Nothing

Written By:
    Rob Port
    Jun 28, 2012

Today the Supreme Court ruled that the Obamacare insurance mandate wasn’t a mandate at all but a tax. A tax on…not doing something.

All other taxes are predicated upon some activity. Income taxes kick in when you earn income. Sales taxes kick in when you buy something. Tariffs kick in when you move goods across a border. Never before in the history of the country have we had a law that taxes you for not doing something. But the proponents of Obamacare couldn’t admit that the “tax” was really a penalty, because then they’d have to justify the law under the commerce clause which the Supreme Court clearly wasn’t willing to do, so they called it a tax on not doing something.

And Chief Justice Roberts, along with the liberal wing of the court, bought it.

So how can we use this new precedent? Here are some ideas:

We can tax gun control activists for owning guns.

We can tax Occupy Wall Street protesters for not having jobs.

We can tax football fans for not buying baseball tickets.

We can tax vegetarians for not buying hamburgers.

We can tax non-smokers for not buying cigarettes.

For better or worse, this is the precedent set by the Supreme Court.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

LOL! After crowing about "victory" yesterday, today Carney is spinning that the Supreme Court was really wrong: the "penalty" is NOT a tax.

They'd rather admit that there is a "penalty", which would be unconstitutional, than admit to raising taxes on the middle class? A campaign promise is more important politically than the Constitution, I guess. However, the govt argued both sides: that it was a penalty, not a tax; and also that it was a tax, not a penalty. So, I guess even the administration wasn't convinced which it is.

Looks like Roberts created quite a firestorm. It's hard to believe that this ruling will not impact the election in November ... one way or the other. Although I must say that if Charlie Rangel thinks it's a good decision, that definitely puts doubt in my mind
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    LOL! After crowing about "victory" yesterday, today Carney is spinning that the Supreme Court was really wrong: the "penalty" is NOT a tax.

They'd rather admit that there is a "penalty", which would be unconstitutional, than admit to raising taxes on the middle class? A campaign promise is more important politically than the Constitution, I guess. However, the govt argued both sides: that it was a penalty, not a tax; and also that it was a tax, not a penalty. So, I guess even the administration wasn't convinced which it is.

Looks like Roberts created quite a firestorm. It's hard to believe that this ruling will not impact the election in November ... one way or the other. Although I must say that if Charlie Rangel thinks it's a good decision, that definitely puts doubt in my mind
    I hope the voter in November are just as disgusted them as they are today, but America has such a short attention span and seem to be only aware as the last edition of the evening news..This is one time I hope that the Tea Party and all its factions unite and get the vote out, now is the time for the Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, Rick Santorum,Rick Perry, Herman Cain and yes even Ron Paul to forget their personal differences and walk the walk that they were all so quick to talk about during the primary season

They dont have to come out and give their unconditional love of Romney, but I do expect them to put aside their personal agendas and unite in defeating BHO at the polls,and at the same time beat McCaskill, Joe Manchin, and a couple of other vulnerable Senators in the process
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Yes, I would expect even the Libertarians to hold their noses, as many of us conservatives will be doing, as we pull the lever for Romney. I've received many requests for $$$ from his campaign. I wrote to them saying I would put his bumper sticker on my car, and even put a sign in my yard, and WILL vote for him, but my $$$ is going to my state congresswoman, the NRA, the Tea Party Patriots, and to Jim DeMint's "Conservative Senate Committee". The Republican 'establishment' will need to find others to fund them.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.