The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Kids insured until 26 ? Not kids with union insurance

Default Kids insured until 26 ? Not kids with union insurance

I don't think all kids can be insured until age 26 by their parent's insurance because of Obamacare.

My daughter just received a letter from the sheetmetal union insurance reminding her that age 18 is the cut off date for her children to be insured by sheetmetal healthcare insurance.

I assume this is the situation with all unions, not just sheetmetal workers. Does anyone know if this
    insured until age 26" rule of Obamacare does not apply to health insurance coverage by unions?

Helen

our union (culinary # 226) allows children up to the age of 26...the problem is that fraud is rampant in our union..there are some doctors who will write prescriptions for non union family members or reportedly even treat non union members, because all that is needed is the members soc security # and DOB...I have no doubt that on the next contract that not only will our dues increase dramatically but that dependants will cost plus the number will be limited

the reason I know that fraud exists is when I go to our union pharmacy to pick up my BP meds, I see many moms/dads who obviously are not employed waiting to get meds, and when they pick up the meds if they can recite the members id# they are given the meds, no other id required
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    our union (culinary # 226) allows children up to the age of 26...the problem is that fraud is rampant in our union..there are some doctors who will write prescriptions for non union family members or reportedly even treat non union members, because all that is needed is the members soc security # and DOB...I have no doubt that on the next contract that not only will our dues increase dramatically but that dependants will cost plus the number will be limited

the reason I know that fraud exists is when I go to our union pharmacy to pick up my BP meds, I see many moms/dads who obviously are not employed waiting to get meds, and when they pick up the meds if they can recite the members id# they are given the meds, no other id required
    Your kidding Right??????????????
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Your kidding Right??????????????
    the culinary union is the most powerful union in the state, we have the best insurance plan and its accepted everywhere in the state...we have our own pharmacy that dispenses generic meds with no co pays like I used to do at CVS or Walgreens

Now I am farrrrrrr from a union card carrying member....I do not care for how they backed certain candidates with funds but it was never put to a vote...they actually backed Hillary until they saw the winds of change and switched to BHO...the only reason I joined the union was because in order to reap the benefits of the job at the hotel...Hated the union when I was in management at a different hotel...You will NEVER see me in a picket line,I would be one of the first to cross since they do not pay my bills
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

The words "FRAUD" and "UNION" used in the same sentence?

I'm shocked!!!
    Stan b & Elvis