The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sport dog or tritronics????

Had a friend who had a sport dog. He said the warranty program was excellent. The only problem was that every time we trained together his collar was sent in for warranty work and needed to borrow my TT collar. I'm glad I had a quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by Jquest View Post
    Wow!!!! I can't believe people are still asking this question...Let me be blunt. All Sport Dog
    gear is cheap China made crap. Their game plan seems to be sell this cheap mess at a premium
    price and hope you don't use it much and it will make it to the one year warranty. When it FAILS and it will SportDog will charge you a fee to look at it and a fee to fix it...If the unit fails while in warranty they send you a refub with ONLY A 90 DAY WARRANTY!!! It will fail and you will be out $300+ Do yourself a favor and buy TRITRONICS or be Very,Very Sorry you bought Sport Dog Brand...(I went through 6 - 1825 camo systems I lost all my money SportDog has poor customer service to say the LEAST!)

Very true post. Back in the mid 2000s I worked for a kennel that was a TT pro dealer. They make top notch products and have excellent service.

I also had a Sport Dog. Had a problem with it and had trouble getting the company to help or offer any fair solution. I gave it away and bought a new Tritronics. Have been very happy every since....

My sport dog is in a creek inIowa . Quick story dog quartered to buddy. Buddy bitch at me to stop nicking my dog i say im not. I sit the dog every time i moved the dog was getting nicked. So threw transmiter and reciever in the creek went with dogtra and could not be happier. Know alot that use TT and love them.

Tri tronics, always Tri tronics. Buy it once and be done.

"The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten."
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Sport Dog is the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned.

After going through several units I finally took a hammer to the POS SD to completely destroy it and bought Tritronics.

I have a SportDog 400.

The charge last for weeks and it's never died, I just put it back on the charger b/c I think it needs to be re-charged and don't want it to die in the middle of training and in the season during hunting.

It's over a year old now and has worked as advertised. No problems, works fine and has allowed me to do with it what I need to do.

If it wouldn't, I wouldn't own it. But it does, so it's pretty simple to me.

WELL worth the mere $150 I paid compared to the cost of other collars I couldn’t afford at the time.

TT and Dogtra are Top Notch and well above the Sport Dog in all aspects. IMO

I'm just giving my experience with a Sport Dog Collar without all the Bru-ha-ha angry stuff.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 04-02-2013 at 08:05 AM.

I currently own both Sport Dog and TT brand and find the TT collar to be the best. Have send my Sport Dog in for repairs twice(once for the receiver and once for the transmitter) in 2 years. Would definitely go with TT.

I have a SD collar...I use it for a dummy collar because thats about the only thing Ive found it useful for. Bought a TT pro 500 G3 several years ago and couldnt be happier.
    "Dont insult the alligator until you have crossed the river"

Had a Sport Dog 3-4 years ago it worked fine until it stopped working. I worked with the company to get a fix or replacement...

Got frustrated with them and purchased a TriTronics....Sport Dog finally sent me a replacement, which I gave to my son....

I recommend TriTronics.....