The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Fed Up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I don't disagree with what you did, given those circumstances. No doubt many locals can be difficult to deal with.

I just didn't like being charged a fee becuase Lowes granted credit to those they shouldn't have and wanted to pass the cost along to those that pay their bills on time. Kind of like our ourrent politicians in both parties

BTW, the Handyman that I use is a part-timer. Heck, if I hired him fulltime he'd have more money to spend but then, I'd have to provide him with Health Insurance!
    Wait, what??

I thought it was free?????
    Stan b & Elvis

The last time I ordered checks my bank advised me because if ID theft not giving any info other than my name. If Obama has his way we will all have the stamp on our body somewhere so they can just scan you and have all your info wont that be easy.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I'm with you on the protection of personal information. We are hammered by the media, our financial institutions, and experts to protect ourselves by not releasing SS#, birthdate, etc. And then the vendors want all of that and more. I understand they are dealing with a steady stream of fraudulent transactions, but we are left twisting in the wind, right in the middle. I think you did the right thing. Did you make sure the manager heard about the refusal to sell a single part and the Moen policy of lifetime warranty? It might not change anything, but who knows, and it might make you feel better.
    Pam
    Sunshine Joliet Jake, "Jake," SH, RN, CGC, WDX
    Roughwater Stacked & Packed, "Babe" JH, CD, RN, CGC, WDQ

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Spears View Post
    Did you make sure the manager heard about the refusal to sell a single part and the Moen policy of lifetime warranty? It might not change anything, but who knows, and it might make you feel better.
    That's for a day when I'm not still a bit pissed.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I started a similar thread a while back.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...hlight=tractor

The sad part is, i bought the part online, the guy I bought it from was not from this country, i saved myself money, and the local shops are going under fast around here.

I would have done the same thing as you, but then again I havent wrote a check in many years, the 3% surcharge is a bit much, why not just mark up the item and not post a big sign. It is way less of a big deal for the part to be 82.40 then it is to maike it 80 then tell someone there is a 3% fee for using a card. It is all about perception.

I have the same problem with all the local stores around here.
    Last edited by Jason Glavich; 07-09-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    The last time I ordered checks my bank advised me because if ID theft not giving any info other than my name. If Obama has his way we will all have the stamp on our body somewhere so they can just scan you and have all your info wont that be easy.
    You're going to wear a groove clean thru that record if you don't do something about it......-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    You're going to wear a groove clean thru that record if you don't do something about it......-Paul
    Umm... this is a forum. People come here to express themselves. If you are tired of the message, don't read it.
    Bill Davis

Similar experience with a local business. Great hamburger place actually. Their burgers and fries and onion rings are freshly made and very well priced. Ordered a burger with onion rings and when I got my order the rings were burnt. I bring it back and tell them my rings are burnt. The owner looks at the rings and says to me "Seriously?" They were very dark brown and black. My response was, "Do you think I'm bringing them back just because, SERIOUSLY?" He cooks up a new order of rings and that is the last he's seen of me in almost a year. Won't go back either. It's a shame too becasue I used to go there at least once if not twice a week.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Umm... this is a forum. People come here to express themselves. If you are tired of the message, don't read it.
    A forum? No kidding? Thanks for passing that tidbit of information my way, Bill. Actually, that's probably the most astute post out of you in months.

You want to explain what Obama has to do with HPL getting the third degree before the hardware store would accept his check? Please do. I'm waiting with baited breath

There's A LOT of stuff on here i don't bother to read because it's tiresome.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Thats ok everyone is entitled to their own opinion its still America, hopefully it will be a better one after Nov. My point was once Obama has us all take the " Mark" we wont need to show ID they can just scan the mark on our hand and have all our info.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 07-10-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )