The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Fed Up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Danis View Post
    ... SERIOUSLY?" He cooks up a new order of rings and that is the last he's seen of me in almost a year. Won't go back either. It's a shame too becasue I used to go there at least once if not twice a week.

better for your heart anyway.
    but you got your rings???
    at that 'zact moment the feller could have been having a fryer blow up and a waitress knocked up.
    your rings may have been the straw on the camel, at that moment. It happens. Or he may have been a dark ring guy.
    sad you would stay away from a place you just called great, over 1 word.
    better for your heart anyway.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Best Buy asked me for my drivers license when I used a credit card for a $260 purchase this spring. I said no. They have a system for verifying if the card is good. They don't need my drivers license.

US Post Office has a policy that if you GO to the post office and use a check you need to show them a credit card yet, if you send them a check in the mail, they honor it without any problems. I would definitely go some place else if the Post Office wasn't the only game in town.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    Best Buy asked me for my drivers license when I used a credit card for a $260 purchase this spring. I said no. They have a system for verifying if the card is good. They don't need my drivers license.

US Post Office has a policy that if you GO to the post office and use a check you need to show them a credit card yet, if you send them a check in the mail, they honor it without any problems. I would definitely go some place else if the Post Office wasn't the only game in town.

I kinda wish more places asked for ID to accept credit cards. That would make sense to me. As to the post office, must be a local thing. I am in the PO all the time and have never had to show a credit card or even my DL, but I do live in a relatively small town (25,000) and having been visiting the PO at least several times a month for years.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I kinda wish more places asked for ID to accept credit cards. That would make sense to me. As to the post office, must be a local thing. I am in the PO all the time and have never had to show a credit card or even my DL, but I do live in a relatively small town (25,000) and having been visiting the PO at least several times a month for years.
    My town with the PO in question is less than 15,000. The Best Buy is in Madison, WI which has more than 200,000. I would never give out my credit card or DL to someone that didn't need it. It is way more intrusive than asking for your birth date.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

I purposely do NOT SIGN the back of my credit/debit cards because I want the clerk/salesperson to ask for my ID, I had one tell me to sign it and told them no thank you ( it protects me and you if I dont sign it, because it makes them do their job)...once you are a victim of identity theft like I was, you might think differently
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I purposely do NOT SIGN the back of my credit/debit cards because I want the clerk/salesperson to ask for my ID, I had one tell me to sign it and told them no thank you ( it protects me and you if I dont sign it, because it makes them do their job)...once you are a victim of identity theft like I was, you might think differently
    There's only one store around here, Fleet Farm, that asks to see my drivers license because the back of my CC isn't signed. It's actually to the point that I give them my ID with the card now, but every once and a while I forget and they ask for the ID as well. Every other store that I use it the clerk just looks at the back of the card to make it look good for the camera. I always get a kick out of that.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    ONLY if they do their job. I don't remember the last time a cashier looked at the back of my card to see if it is signed.

Are you potentially responsible for all charges, as opposed to $50, if your card is stolen and you didn't sign your card?
    Kevin Entwistle

Around here most stores have the swipe it yourself feature and the clerk never even looks at the card.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Around here most stores have the swipe it yourself feature and the clerk never even looks at the card.
    And that's kind of my point, why would you ever show more than you have to??
    Kevin Entwistle

That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade