The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just Fed Up!!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Around here most stores have the swipe it yourself feature and the clerk never even looks at the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    And that's kind of my point, why would you ever show more than you have to??

would either of you have any problem showing your id to a server at a restaurant while on vacation when presenting your credit card....I can honestly say I have never been denied when I asked politely, in fact many European diners want to follow me to the terminal to watch me swipe their card (which I will gladly do) since they can sign right then and there....FTR I very rarely use a debit/cc when purchasing gas, because of all the scams out there at gas pumps..to each their own
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Customer service these days is a joke.
    Absolutely! I went into a certain orange-colored well known home/hardware store this afternoon (very begrudgingly, as I'm a firm believer that a certain blue-colored well known home/hardware store is run much better, but was in a hurry and sacrificed for convenience) to pick up a simple scrub brush, and when I made my way to the front registers I found that there were ONLY self service checkout counters available. Since I had intended on paying with cash, I attempted to put my bills into the robot cashier, but found that it wasn't going to accept my $5 bill. This meant I had to page an attendant, who then had to go log into a register and exchange my $5, give me a new $5 so that FINALLY I could feed the new bill into the machine. WTF! I understand maybe a few self checkout registers, but not a single human cashier in the store!?!?!?!! By the way this was around 5:30 pm, a seemingly normal time to be in a hardware store. I normally would have walked out, but was in a jam for time and had to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    would either of you have any problem showing your id to a server at a restaurant while on vacation when presenting your credit card....I can honestly say I have never been denied when I asked politely, in fact many European diners want to follow me to the terminal to watch me swipe their card (which I will gladly do) since they can sign right then and there....FTR I very rarely use a debit/cc when purchasing gas, because of all the scams out there at gas pumps..to each their own
    Showing my ID, probably wouldn't have a problem with that, just hope that the server doesn't have an eidetic memory.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com