The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Crosse/Danner being sold for 138M

Default La Crosse/Danner being sold for 138M

two very good boot /wader companies are being sold to a Japanese company...have worn Danner Pronghorns and owned LaCrosse waders and mud boots...sure hope the quality doesnt suffer...just a matter of time before they move the mfg out of the country....I always thought LaCrosse was made in Wisc.. did not know they owned Danner too

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/...&ed=2012-07-06
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Check your Pronghorns. They were probably made in China. Mine were. I have owned 2 pairs, and both leaked after 1 season's use. I complained to Danner about the poor quality and the fact that they were made in China. They said their boots made in China were manufactured to the same quality standards as their boots made in the U.S. I have owned several pairs of Danners over the years, and never had problems before. In fact the pair of Danners I replace with the 1st pair of Pronghorns finally wore out and started leaking after 12 years of hard use. Danner replaced the 1st pair. I didn't bother returning the 2nd pair. Who knows, maybe the quality will actually improve with this new company. However, I am a big proponent of buying American made goods, so I will probably look for boots made in the U.S.

I won't buy another pair from them. Bought a pair of alpha's and they tore at ankle after wearing them 60 feet and foot slipped off pedal in truck. If they cannot take a rubber pedal rubbing them without tearing I'd hate to see what a walk in the bush would do. They wouldn't do anything as far as coverage.

They were my first and last from those companies.

My 3 years old waders were made overseas.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Is there still a boot made in the USA?
    Bo Hanson

Bullpen's Hammerin HomeRun King 755 (Hank)
    Bullpen's Say It Ain't So Joe JH (Josie)

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? "-John Wooden

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."-Henry Ford

Some of Danner's boots are still made in America, but the Pronghorns aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Novemberwitch View Post
    Is there still a boot made in the USA?

yup...Tony Lama and Lucchese.....I know they are Cowboy boots

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    yup...Tony Lama and Lucchese.....I know they are Cowboy boots
    They won't help me much in the bird field.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    They won't help me much in the bird field.
    been wearing ropers in the field for a long time....don't recommend them for hunting upland, but for warm/hot weather dove hunting,and dog training,and ranch work they work just fine...also much easier to put a set of spurs on them if you have to get on a horse

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    been wearing ropers in the field for a long time....don't recommend them for hunting upland, but for warm/hot weather dove hunting,and dog training,and ranch work they work just fine...also much easier to put a set of spurs on them if you have to get on a horse
    No good without pics Bon
    Bill Davis