The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: La Crosse/Danner being sold for 138M

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No good without pics Bon
    when I lived in Lake Dallas ,my landlord was my friend and brother's former classmate who happened to be a veterinarian..his hobby was Team Roping..I lived on a 5.5 acre ranchette that had a full sized roping arena complete with pens and chutes..Had no choice but to learn to ride, but couldn't lasso a calf to save my life..The one time I actually did,I sat back in the saddle which made the horse stop on a dime, as I went flying over the horse's head..so yes I was a Rexall (drugstore) cowboy, wore a Resistol hat,Tony Lama silver/blue (Dallas Cowboys) boots, and wore Wrangler jeans, even had a duster..I will NEVER be mistaken for a real cowboy, but I love the the National Finals Rodeo

Ronny let me follow him on many horse calls and assist on gelding horses, always got stuck holding the bucket with the horse's nutz after they were clipped, always remembered the shiny chrome emasculator,looked like an oversized pecan cracker.

If you call my cellphone it plays George Strait's " All my Exes live in Texas"
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    when I lived in Lake Dallas ,my landlord was my friend and brother's former classmate who happened to be a veterinarian..his hobby was Team Roping..I lived on a 5.5 acre ranchette that had a full sized roping arena complete with pens and chutes..Had no choice but to learn to ride, but couldn't lasso a calf to save my life..The one time I actually did,I sat back in the saddle which made the horse stop on a dime, as I went flying over the horse's head..so yes I was a Rexall (drugstore) cowboy, wore a Resistol hat,Tony Lama silver/blue (Dallas Cowboys) boots, and wore Wrangler jeans, even had a duster..I will NEVER be mistaken for a real cowboy, but I love the the National Finals Rodeo

Ronny let me follow him on many horse calls and assist on gelding horses, always got stuck holding the bucket with the horse's nutz after they were clipped, always remembered the shiny chrome emasculator,looked like an oversized pecan cracker.

If you call my cellphone it plays George Strait's " All my Exes live in Texas"

All of mine do.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Great, American made hunting boots can be found here: http://www.russellmoccasin.com/main.html

They make a zillion different kinds, all custom from the type of leather to the style of sole and other options, and are made in a little shop about an hour from me. Check out their sale items....you can buy some awesome boots at a big discount. I love mine...they are pricey, but worth every penny and can be reworked/resoled/repaired forever. They sell hunting boots all over the world, and when you go into their tiny little shop, your measurements are taken and written down in an old, well-worn ledger book. True custom craftsmanship. (and no, they didn't pay me to say all this...they just make really great boots)
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    Great, American made hunting boots can be found here: http://www.russellmoccasin.com/main.html

They make a zillion different kinds, all custom from the type of leather to the style of sole and other options, and are made in a little shop about an hour from me. Check out their sale items....you can buy some awesome boots at a big discount. I love mine...they are pricey, but worth every penny and can be reworked/resoled/repaired forever. They sell hunting boots all over the world, and when you go into their tiny little shop, your measurements are taken and written down in an old, well-worn ledger book. True custom craftsmanship. (and no, they didn't pay me to say all this...they just make really great boots)

Those look awesome.....looks like Wisconsin is the last state that actually produces stuff for the American outdoorsmen..We get some Predator camo stuff from Gray Wolf Woolens, have worn their jacket while bow hunting and its the warmest jacket I have

http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/home.php
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Gray Wolf is great, too. I love their stuff.

The Russell company has made boots for presidents, heads of state, and famous hunters world-wide....they are pretty well known. So it's always fun when an out of state visitor is here and we go over to the shop....they are always shocked because for all its fame, it is very tiny, has no display, and is stuffed full of boots, shoes and the people crafting them. There is no big sign, fancy storefront, etc., just a tiny old boot factory where you talk to real people rather than computers.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

I could not agree more on the Russell Moccasin Company. I have two pair of boots and they are fantastic. The first pair are going on 20 years old, with proper maintenance they last forever! Two years ago I wanted speed lacing studs added in place of the eyelets which they did for about $7.00. They are a great company and their customer service is the best of any company I have dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post