The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Official: Obama to Sign Gun Control Treaty July 27

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I agree with you that this administration can't be trusted. I'll also add that we can't trust the Repubs as well! Lets face it, both parties got us into the mess we are in and the electorate is to blame. Neither party has a workable plan to fix our economy and corrupt monetary system.

IMO, the firat major step we can take forward as Americans is too look beyond party lines and support those brave enough to take on the Big Government establishment in DC. That is not the Tea Party as they are big government, just a different color. We need a third party to arise that represents more of middle America and clean up the mess created by both Dems and Repubs. One that will support The Constitution as written, and restore Capitalism and Free Trade, which we do NOT have.

If we can get that accomplished, everything else will work out just fine.
    How can this be done?I've never been to political but I have been trying to pay closer attention to whats is going on in our country and it drives me crazy that I cant find a news station that reports on the facts in a non bias way.I am neither rep/dem.as I see faults on both sides and believe that our options are horrible. We shouldnt have to say "well this is our best choice" because they have the capital to over power the less financially stable man and buy the votes.So I to believe that something/someone different is needed. What is the answer? Both sides IMO seem more concered about voting with their party or belittling the opposite instead of voting on what is best for the people. Their motives are not whats best for us but whats best for keeping their party in control. Frusrtated regards!
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Good news is it would actually require 2/3 of the senate for it to really be official. Hilery's signature is not worth the ink it is signed with.
    Not necessarily. International treatys have some unintended circumstances at times. While needing Senate ratification for removing the 2nd amendment, consider the manufacturers. The Treaties carry some ramifications that must be adherred to before they get overturned.

Here was a warning in Reuters last spring.

UB

The Full Article Here:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/polit...E59E0Q92009101

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States reversed policy on Wednesday
    and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms
    sales as long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics
    said gave every nation a veto.

The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State
    Department, overturns the position of former President George W.
    Bush's administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds
    that national controls were better.

On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a Plan to Ban All
    Firearms in the United States. The Obama administration intends to
    force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens
    through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By
    signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama
    administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal
    legislative process in Congress.

Once the US Government signs these
    international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun
    laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been
    developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and
    individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are
    designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of
    all firearms.

The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of
    gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before
    US citizens even understand what has happened. Obama can appear before
    the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any
    legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun control
    laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary
    Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun
    control laws.

Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means
    is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media
    or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the
    United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and
    ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up
    another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that
    prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up
    yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that
    requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local
    government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

This is not a joke nor a false warning. As sure as government health
    care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever
    means necessary, so will gun control.

When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    How can this be done?I've never been to political but I have been trying to pay closer attention to whats is going on in our country and it drives me crazy that I cant find a news station that reports on the facts in a non bias way.I am neither rep/dem.as I see faults on both sides and believe that our options are horrible. We shouldnt have to say "well this is our best choice" because they have the capital to over power the less financially stable man and buy the votes.So I to believe that something/someone different is needed. What is the answer? Both sides IMO seem more concered about voting with their party or belittling the opposite instead of voting on what is best for the people. Their motives are not whats best for us but whats best for keeping their party in control. Frusrtated regards!
    You are not alone and a part of the fastest growing segment of voters, Independents. IMO, the Dems have moved far to the left and the Repubs far to the right and like you, I can't identify with either platform. Both represent out of control government.

Trust your gut, when it comes to candidates no matter which party they belong to. The media generally ignores the ones telling the truth. And, beware of those candidates promising freebees. We are in a tough financial situation and there is no painless cure.

This country won't be able to continue very much longer financially with what both parties are offering. Neither has the balls to be honest with the American people or they just don't understand the problems they have created. Politicians have been buying votes for too long on the backs of the American tax payer. Time for some Tough Love from all concerned or we can continue down the path to nowhere!

In regards to where to get the news straight, that is a tough one. I spend most of my time watching Fox Business Channel (not to be confused with Fox News) and Bloomberg TV. I do watch CNN and MSNBC too. It is the only way of getting both sides, then use your gut to determine what is real and what isn't. Or, you'll wind up like UB And, I read many political sites for balance and perspective.

Buzz, yes it is fear mongering from Morris. How dare anyone attempt to stop the Russians from selling AK47's and other assualt type weapons to Muslim terrorist! Though the assault weapons of choice in the future will be made in China.

Here ya go UB, just for you...
    Last edited by Franco; 07-11-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    Ditto ! I think a lot of people feel and think this way. I well remember being on a horse ( when I was a child ) that had decided to run and did........I had no control ( was scared spitless ) and that is exactly how I feel now.........we have NO control.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

"Reid v. Covert, 354 U.S. 1 (1957), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case in which the Court ruled that the Constitution supersedes international treaties ratified by the United States Senate. According to the decision, "this Court has regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the Constitution over a treaty," although the case itself was with regard to an executive agreement, not a "treaty" in the U.S. legal sense, and the agreement itself has never been ruled unconstitutional."
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

The signing of a treaty means absolutely nothing without congress. There is no point in time when they have to follow it until overturned. If congress doesn't approve of the treaty via a vote it doesn't exist no matter who signs it. And thankfully our current congress would never be able to approve this.