The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duluth Trading Co- apparel

Default Duluth Trading Co- apparel

has anyone here actually used any of their apparel, specifically their Quick Dry pants or shorts ?

I have been loyal to Columbia and Ex Officio is a touch out of my price range, but was looking at the pants or shorts as my summer training pants

Also interested in how their T shirts fit and wear but will be hard pressed to give up the Under Armour stuff
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I wear the stretch fire hose pants. I love them. I seldom wear jeans anymore. Great for training with deep pockets. Great flannel shirts. Also a fan of their light weight thermal underware. Can't beat their no bull guarantee.

I like their t-shirts and polo shirts (with pockets) I have a pair of the fire hose pants but frankly prefer Carhartt, which has a much more convenient transmitter pocket.

Their stuff is pretty pricey (not relative to UA though) but everything I have is very nice quality.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    I like their t-shirts and polo shirts (with pockets) I have a pair of the fire hose pants but frankly prefer Carhartt, which has a much more convenient transmitter pocket.

Their stuff is pretty pricey (not relative to UA though) but everything I have is very nice quality.
    that is why I asked..paying upwards of $55 for a pair of outdoor pants is not exactly in my wheelhouse,unless those pants last twice as long as the competition..We have an Under Armour outlet store and I usually peek in there every couple of weeks just to pick up deals on their shirts. I use them almost exclusively as layer gear during hunting season

I have tried Champion,Starter,Adidas,Columbia,Cabelas,and BPS type of wicking undershirts, but Duluth pants look to be the ticket for fit and durability. I used to like the cargo pant but ended filling them with everything from shells,ear plugs,gloves,cellphones etc. but don't like looking like a pack mule

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Bon,

Check out Mountain Khakis Equater Pants. I love these things and they are incredibly comfortable and well built.

http://www.mountainkhakis.com/produc...orial-pant.cfm

Their Original Mountain Pant is hard to beat for training or hunting. In the winter I practically live in mine.

All the best,

Richard
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners Up View Post
    Bon,

Check out Mountain Khakis Equater Pants. I love these things and they are incredibly comfortable and well built.

http://www.mountainkhakis.com/produc...orial-pant.cfm

Their Original Mountain Pant is hard to beat for training or hunting. In the winter I practically live in mine.

All the best,

Richard

Thats the kind of pant I was looking for...need the long pant for protection but we all get wet, sometimes by choice....Should have guessed they are out of Jackson Hole Wy. one of my favorite places on earth. There used to be some great places to train dogs there. Good fishing too. Very cold water

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Thats the kind of pant I was looking for...need the long pant for protection but we all get wet, sometimes by choice....Should have guessed they are out of Jackson Hole Wy. one of my favorite places on earth. There used to be some great places to train dogs there. Good fishing too. Very cold water
    Mountain Khaki is out of Jackson Hole in about the same way Texas Pete is out of Texas. Not at all. Founded and headquartered in Charlotte, NC buy a couple of guys who sold their web development firm to iXL in the dotcom days. The Jackson stuff is just part of the branding to make the country club set feel good about paying twice the price for Carhartt knock-offs and to allow the backers to write off ski trips. The pants were originally made in NC but I think they have moved overseas with growth--still shipped into and out of a warehouse in Gastonia, NC. It is now owned by Freedom Group with a HQ in Madison, NC.

Their early marketing campaign of spamming serious fly fishing message boards like the Drake with countless "best pants ever" posts have made them something of a negative internet meme in the FF world.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    Mountain Khaki is out of Jackson Hole in about the same way Texas Pete is out of Texas. Not at all. Founded and headquartered in Charlotte, NC buy a couple of guys who sold their web development firm to iXL in the dotcom days. The Jackson stuff is just part of the branding to make the country club set feel good about paying twice the price for Carhartt knock-offs and to allow the backers to write off ski trips. The pants were originally made in NC but I think they have moved overseas with growth--still shipped into and out of a warehouse in Gastonia, NC. It is now owned by Freedom Group with a HQ in Madison, NC.

Their early marketing campaign of spamming serious fly fishing message boards like the Drake with countless "best pants ever" posts have made them something of a negative internet meme in the FF world.
    Don't know nothing about that. MK's are my go to pants for everything.

Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Gunners Up : I do like those training grounds ,I see a couple of angled keyhole blinds through the trees

I got some of DTC's stuff - it's OK but none is made in the USA. When I noticed that
    I no longer open the catalog. The fire hose jeans are heavy but take the skin off the
    back of your hand when digging in the pocket.

Nothing is inexpensive any more - Sierra Trading used to be, no longer are.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!