The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Future Of Energy Is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Just curious ... was the development of these CNG vehicles market-driven (private sector investment) or govt-subsidized (like electric car and solar panels)?
    Good question. I don't know the extent at which companies like Apache are getting incentives for building CNG Filling Stations but I'll bet there are some from the Feds. I do know that Apache and another company have been trying to get into the CNG Filling Station business for a while since both are large producers on natural gas. Could be in the form of tax breaks for both auto mfg's and filling stations.

The demand is there, especially in our area for CNG because folks around here understand the oil and gas business and the massive reserves we have inland, underground.

I've been very critical of government interference in what the private sector should be doing. But, until the Feds do get out completely, stop proping up trash like Ethanol etc., a little government help is in order. And, if the government would get out of trying to pick winners, speculating on different companies and leave it to the private sector, there is enough critcal mass supporting CNG from the private sector to get this industry rolling down the road.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

The military has been using CNG vehicles as fleet vehicles for a long time. At least 10 years, the buses vans, trucks and some of the cars. You just had to plan the trip to get fuel.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~