The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Penn State

Lokimeister will be back at his desk Monday around 8:30 and tell you what idiots you are.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Hundreds call for Penn State officials to resign

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lo...to_resign.html

Where has Lokimeister been anyhow

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

I have been very busy.

Besides, this ship has sailed...
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    I have been very busy.

Besides, this ship has sailed...

Ya think so?
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ly-overreached

"It would have been simpler to do it right the first time."
    Amen,

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

The whole handling of this mess by the NCAA was wrong. Sandusky got his. May he rot in hell. Penn State, however, never got a fair and unbiased investigation from the NCAA to prove they were at fault for anything. The NCAA violated all their rules and standards and now have to back peddle.

This is what happens when people in powerful positions buckle to media pressure, vice doing their jobs correctly.

My opinion

Richard

Is this still stemming from the incident where the College president, athletic director, head football coach, etc allowed the repeated rape of children in the locker room and refused to do anything about it because Penn State puts football above the rape of children? If so it is very unfortunate that Penn State didn't receive much of a punishment for the most despicable act that a football program was a willing participant in. This wasn't about paying players this was allowing young boys to be sodomized on campus. Shame on the NCAA for not giving them the death penalty and furthering it by lifting the little sanctions given early, follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    this ship has sailed...
    John - there are many opinions on the outcome of this incident - those of you closest to the action seem to have one, those who value integrity over all else seem to have another - Penn State's system failed those young boys - if one was part of that system with authority they failed in their, at the least, moral compass.

That some sports writer in a time when the NCAA is a floundering ship the article may seem appropriate, for me it is not, any one who condones child abuse deserves whatever punishment is thrown their way. One could actually feel the hurt in some of the postings on this subject on this forum, it has achieved dead horse status, & most will no longer post. You might try that cultural achievement .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Is this still stemming from the incident where the College president, athletic director, head football coach, etc allowed the repeated rape of children in the locker room and refused to do anything about it because Penn State puts football above the rape of children? If so it is very unfortunate that Penn State didn't receive much of a punishment for the most despicable act that a football program was a willing participant in. This wasn't about paying players this was allowing young boys to be sodomized on campus. Shame on the NCAA for not giving them the death penalty and furthering it by lifting the little sanctions given early, follow the money.

As I said earlier in this thread.......

"Some aspects of this matter must remain at the forefront, so at the risk of sounding redundant....

There are two separate things going on here .

One involves crimes. These are a criminal and or civil matter and as such, come under the purview of the appropriate governmental law enforcement agency and the courts.

The other involves infractions which are covered by and are under the auspices of the NCAA.

It seems that the NCAA can't grasp where the line in the sand dividing the two is located."
    ............It appears that you cannot either.
    john

As I said earlier in this thread.......

............It appears that you cannot either.
    john
    It is sad that you put your college before the rape of children, it is sad the Penn State cared about the football program over the rape of children. It appears you grasp very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    John - there are many opinions on the outcome of this incident - those of you closest to the action seem to have one, those who value integrity over all else seem to have another - Penn State's system failed those young boys - if one was part of that system with authority they failed in their, at the least, moral compass.

That some sports writer in a time when the NCAA is a floundering ship the article may seem appropriate, for me it is not, any one who condones child abuse deserves whatever punishment is thrown their way. One could actually feel the hurt in some of the postings on this subject on this forum, it has achieved dead horse status, & most will no longer post. You might try that cultural achievement .
    Unlike you Marvin, I have a vested interest in Penn State and as such in seeing that only the proper persons, not the thousands of innocent bystanders that were, be punished, and then upon a trial and a conviction, that they be indvidually punished by the proper authorities.

The NCAA's broad brush sanctions for matters which were for the most part outside their purview and belonged to the Commonwelth's courts, hurt me, my family, and thousands of others who had nothing whatsoever to do with these assaults .

So Marvin, my response to your suggestion is, "Don't hold your breath"

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 09-28-2013 at 06:26 PM.