The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Campaign Strategy ... what do you think?

Default Campaign Strategy ... what do you think?

Obama skipped his invitation to speak at the NAACP convention, and sent Joe as his proxy. Word was that almost nobody showed up to listen to what Joe had to say. Romney spoke & got some boos, but he showed up, probably knowing that some of the things he was going to say weren't going to be popular.

Can you think of any reason why Obama would essentially snub the NAACP like that? Made no sense to me.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Because he knows he has 97% of that vote in the bag.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Could he still be pushing his luck? He also refused to see the Black pastors who requested to sit down with him over the contraception issue.

There is the speculation, that in polls it looks like he still holds the vote, but many of those voters have lost their enthusiasm and will actually stay home on election day. They won't vote against him, but they won't be motivated to vote with the fervor of 2008.

I'm also waiting to hear the explanation of accusing Romney of a felony WRT his tenure at Bain Capital. Romney's name remained on the Bain Capital SEC filings until 2002 even though he had effectively left in 1999 to run the 2001 Olympics. Documents show Romney as "sole shareholder, sole director, CEO and President." Romney's spokesperson says that there were "legal and technical reasons" that Romney's name remained on those documents.

Obama replied
    Ultimately Mr. Romney, I think, is going to have to answer those questions, because if he aspires to being president, one of the things you learn is, you are ultimately responsible for the conduct of your operations," Obama said. "But again that's probably a question that he's going to have to answer and I think that's a legitimate part of the campaign."
    Hmm ... I wonder if Obama feels the same way about the outcome of his Presidency ... the backroom deals on the health care law; his foreign policy decisions; his comments sent to Putin "sub rosa"; the crony capitalism; energy policy; Fast & Furious? Wonder if that applies to his "fictionalized" autobiographies? Would these also be legitimate parts of the campaign?

Is Romney naive enough to think this won't be a street fight in the Chicago tradition? Or is he biding his time? I can barely imagine the mud-slinging that would have been done if the R candidate had been Gingrich, Perry or Cain.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Romney showed he has ballz to visit a voting block that won't give him anything but grief...

I wonder if BHO or Biden have the same guts to speak in front of the NRA convention...without wearing a flak jacket
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Bad, bad Bain Capital? But the DNC and Obama's campaigns have been happy to accept their tainted "outsourcing" profits for their warchests.
    http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/07/ob...ney-from-bain/
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

This sounds "business friendly", doesn't it?
    President Obama insulted small business owners during a campaign stop in Roanoke, Va. on Saturday.

“If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that,” Obama told the crowd. “Somebody else made that happen.”

President Obama said successful Americans did not become successful on their own — they had help.

“If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own,” he said. “You didn’t get there on your own.”
    It's possible he speaks from his own life experience? Otherwise, how could he come to that universal conclusion? I wonder if he spoke to any small businessmen whose life experience may have differed?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

If you read the foreword to the novel "Primary Colors" it describes how all the election efforts are essentially trying to reach about 10-15% of the voters who's vote is up for grabs instead of just being for the same party they always vote for.

In this case, there are probably very few votes to lose or gain in the NAACP for Obama going to lose by not going.

On the other hand, he probably stands to gain a few more undecided votes from those who see the refusal to go as an indication he isn't the NAACP's lap dog.