RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

new pup...with a tail.

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  BlaineT 
#1 ·
been a boykin guy for a while and still love them and have a couple but got an opportunity at this black female so went to the dark side.

she's 12 weeks old and were just building up the "GO" in her till its time for FF. she loves the water and loves to retrieve. should be fun.

heres a quick video of her playing in the tech pond at my buddy joe overby's place...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPQNMmVJ6I

See less See more
#9 ·
Or, you could get a Boykin with a tail.....AKA American Water Spaniel.

#22 ·
Very nice pup. Is she still lining like when she was 12 weeks old? Who is she out of?

#23 ·
on land her marking is very very nice. Haven't stretched her out much past 250 yards but she takes a real good natural line on her marks. We stopped all marking till i she finished FTP so there was a good gap in any marking work. We're now in T work on land and have begun running her on sight blinds on water (around 4-6 per day) 3-4 a week. been doing that about 2 weeks. Nothing crazy just getting her used to lining up right, looking out, and using the terms- "good" and "back". There has been obvious improvement in the last couple weeks while doing this as her lines are getting better (without using any pressure) and she's building a lot of confidence on GOing in water. a couple today had real bad glares from the sun that made 2 of the blinds not real visible so she just took off swimming a good line and then saw the bumper. adding to the confidence of GO when sent, even before water force. Real pleased with her, she has a great attitude and just wants birds.

her parents aren't anything special but another generation up is FC AFC Teddys Ebonstar James which was a Lean Mac X an HRCH MH bitch. and on the other side is NFC FC AFC Abe's Ebony and Ivory out of Honest Abe and Zip Code. So from 2nd generation on she's got some nice dogs. First lab ive taken on of my own after running boykins for a while and I'm having a great time with her. Really like her personality. Handles LOTS of pressure but can hold it together fine and doesn't really realize she's been worked hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.