The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Does 500k yearly salary make you a 1%er???

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    I never said anything of the sort. It's guys like you that want to have it both ways when it comes to politics.
    No, son. There is only one way I want my politics: It is that the Tea Party slime be driven back to the primordial swamp from which they came.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 07-18-2012 at 07:10 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Hey sport, I'm not your son!!!

[QUOTE=zeus3925;989462]Why don't you guys find something real to belly ache about. So a union national prez makes 10 times the average pay of the average union member. You assume he gets that for sitting on his patoot. I bet none of you would touch the helm of any one of those organizations for that kind of salary. And if you did you would probably would botch the job at that.
    I do not know anything about unions, and very little about high-paid CEO's. So, as a lay-person so to speak, I only have one question in mind....
    If the CEO of FORD makes $XX Million dollars in bonuses each year, I sorta get that because I know his company produces a product and/or service that creates income/profit.
    Exactly who pays the CEO of the education union you guys are talking about? How is the income/profit derived in order to pay that person?

Please don't misunderstand.... I am NOT being a smart***.... I am asking a real question. Thanks in advance for the insight. Amanda

I don't see anyone of you bellyachers have a damn thing to say about those CEOs that make 200-400 times the average laborer's salary in their firms. Then they fight like tigers against raising the minimum wage. Those dudes don't want to pay taxes. We have 73,000 pages of tax code proving the case with exemptions from this and exemptions from that. (France has a 1000 page tax code and Germany a 500 page tax code by comparison).

Some of you super righties are going to say these are hardworking entrepreneurs working hard to make a buck. I would have no quarrel where that is the case. But, we have allowed a bandit class to emerge using their MBAs as a license to steal-- all the time shipping your job to China, India and points east. They want to keep you down where you are, at the bottom. They see themselves as the new aristocracy and don't you forget it. Patriots? Hardly.

Leona Helmsley had it right
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

[QUOTE=ARay11;989597]
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Why don't you guys find something real to belly ache about. So a union national prez makes 10 times the average pay of the average union member. You assume he gets that for sitting on his patoot. I bet none of you would touch the helm of any one of those organizations for that kind of salary. And if you did you would probably would botch the job at that.
    I do not know anything about unions, and very little about high-paid CEO's. So, as a lay-person so to speak, I only have one question in mind....
    If the CEO of FORD makes $XX Million dollars in bonuses each year, I sorta get that because I know his company produces a product and/or service that creates income/profit.
    Exactly who pays the CEO of the education union you guys are talking about? How is the income/profit derived in order to pay that person?

Please don't misunderstand.... I am NOT being a smart***.... I am asking a real question. Thanks in advance for the insight. Amanda

I don't see anyone of you bellyachers have a damn thing to say about those CEOs that make 200-400 times the average laborer's salary in their firms. Then they fight like tigers against raising the minimum wage. Those dudes don't want to pay taxes. We have 73,000 pages of tax code proving the case with exemptions from this and exemptions from that. (France has a 1000 page tax code and Germany a 500 page tax code by comparison).

Some of you super righties are going to say these are hardworking entrepreneurs working hard to make a buck. I would have no quarrel where that is the case. But, we have allowed a bandit class to emerge using their MBAs as a license to steal-- all the time shipping your job to China, India and points east. They want to keep you down where you are, at the bottom. They see themselves as the new aristocracy and don't you forget it. Patriots? Hardly.

Leona Helmsley had it right

So, now it's OK if your company makes stuff. Providing a service doesn't count. Alrighty then... So much for the service based economy that all us smart Americans were supposed to transition to once all the manufacturing jobs for dummies went over seas.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

[QUOTE=Buzz;989623]
    Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post

So, now it's OK if your company makes stuff. Providing a service doesn't count. Alrighty then... So much for the service based economy that all us smart Americans were supposed to transition to once all the manufacturing jobs for dummies went over seas.
    Remind me not to ask you any serious questions.

I DID NOT SAY SERVICES DONT COUNT. Maybe this will help you: All goods AND SERVICES are sold to a customer in order to produce a PROFIT. Those profits are then used to PAY EMPLOYEES. The top of the food chain employee gets paid very well. This makes sense to me.

My question is :
    From where is the money derived to pay the individual you say some are belly-aching about?

Once again, I am asking a real question in order to learn a real answer and broaden my own knowledge. Thanks very little for the first answer.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

ARay, good luck trying to get an answer, well at least one that stays on point out of this group of libs!

[QUOTE=ARay11;989655]
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Remind me not to ask you any serious questions.

I DID NOT SAY SERVICES DONT COUNT. Maybe this will help you: All goods AND SERVICES are sold to a customer in order to produce a PROFIT. Those profits are then used to PAY EMPLOYEES. The top of the food chain employee gets paid very well. This makes sense to me.

My question is :
    From where is the money derived to pay the individual you say some are belly-aching about?

Once again, I am asking a real question in order to learn a real answer and broaden my own knowledge. Thanks very little for the first answer.
    Ray if it is a serious question then here goes. Union members pay union dues to have the services provided for them.

[QUOTE=mngundog;989714]
    Ray if it is a serious question then here goes. Union members pay union dues to have the services provided for them.

It does seem obvious doesn't it?

I did some google and noticed that the conservative blogs and publications are really lit up with the term "union boss.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

[QUOTE=mngundog;989714]
    Honestly, that's what I was thinking but it's not anything I know anything about.... only lived in TX and OK (both are right to work states and I dont hear of many if any unions)

Do they take in enough in union dues to justify this person's income? Must be a large union.
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Wow! Buzz, I went to several liberal blogs and publications and all I found was lies, propaganda and tons of dumb downed information designed for the intellectually challenged liberals. That you prescribe to this ideology is what is glaringly obvious.