The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Does 500k yearly salary make you a 1%er???

The only smart people in Buzz eye are himself and libs

That's what so terribly sad.

[QUOTE=ARay11;989723]
    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post

Honestly, that's what I was thinking but it's not anything I know anything about.... only lived in TX and OK (both are right to work states and I dont hear of many if any unions)

Do they take in enough in union dues to justify this person's income? Must be a large union.
    NEA has 3.2 million members, I guess it's a personnel opinion whether or not anyone should make that kind of money. The average wage for a CEO of publicly traded companies last year made $9.6 million dollars (according to the AP), the president of NEA with 3.2 million members made a little less than $400K, IMO that salary is not completely unreasonable. Fox news had an article about the "Fat Cat" union bosses, I believe the largest salary any of them made was a around $650K (only one made over $500K), most of them were in the $300K range (this was for the ten largest unions).
    Last edited by mngundog; 07-18-2012 at 09:33 PM.

[QUOTE=mngundog;989744]
    Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    NEA has 3.2 million members, I guess it's a personnel opinion whether or not anyone should make that kind of money. The average wage for a CEO of publicly traded companies last year made $9.6 million dollars (according to the AP), the president of NEA with 3.2 million members made a little less than $400K, IMO that salary is not completely unreasonable. Fox news had an article about the "Fat Cat" union bosses, I believe the largest salary any of them made was a around $650K (only one made over $500K), most of them were in the $300K range (this was for the ten largest unions).
    To be the head of 3.2 million people generally qualifies for a big salary. I am surprised it's only $400k. How much are the union dues?
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Here is something for you brave defenders of privilege to chew on:

This is from 2005 but you can bet it is more egregious now:
    Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida’s chief executive drew $4.7 million in total compensation last year — making him among the top paid Blue Cross CEOs nationwide. This as the Jacksonville-based insurer pink-slips some rank-and-file employees and trims administrative costs.

Robert Lufrano’s pay topped that of CEOs at not-for-profit Blue Plans or subsidiaries, some of which reported higher 2004 revenues, according to an analysis of 27 Blue Cross plans by Atlantic Information Services.

Lufrano’s package included $808,635 in salary, $2.35 million in bonuses and $1.56 million in other compensation, the Washington, D.C.-based health care publishing and information company said. "
    http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/...pensation_not/

Here is one from North Dakota. Damn good pay for getting fired:
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/233829/

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...o-12-9-million

Read the fine print on this one:
    http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...-gains-in-2011

What say you now, bellyachers?
    Last edited by zeus3925; 07-20-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Here is something for you brave defenders of privilege to chew on:

This is from 2005 but you can bet it is more egregious now:
    http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/...pensation_not/

Here is one from North Dakota. Damn good pay for getting fired:
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/233829/

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...o-12-9-million

Read the fine print on this one:
    http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...-gains-in-2011

What say you now, bellyachers?

And if we don't like the way BC/BS does business, then we just won't buy their product. Oh wait... that's not an option now.

"I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

And if we don't like the way BC/BS does business, then we just won't buy their product. Oh wait... that's not an option now.

I never had a option --my employer decided that was the plan they were going to serve up for us retirees. No choice? Heck, what's new? BC/BS is their choice and as a stakeholder, I have an oar in this water. What business is it of yours to rant about a $400,000 salary paid to a union Prez in which you have no stake? 'Tain't none of your business. You are just looking to bad mouth somebody.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I never had a option --my employer decided that was the plan they were going to serve up for us retirees. No choice? Heck, what's new? BC/BS is their choice and as a stakeholder, I have an oar in this water. What business is it of yours to rant about a $400,000 salary paid to a union Prez in which you have no stake? 'Tain't none of your business. You are just looking to bad mouth somebody.

Do you have a reading disability? If so, I apologize, IF NOT......MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ MY COMMENTS.

NEVER HAVE I ONCE SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE SALARY OF ANY CEO OF ANY COMPANY.
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Ok ARay --Sorry about that!!
    Zeus

Do you have a reading disability? If so, I apologize, IF NOT......MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ MY COMMENTS.

NEVER HAVE I ONCE SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE SALARY OF ANY CEO OF ANY COMPANY.
    Well I do - when the CEO's began to develop a royalty complex & their salaries crept, no ballooned beyond 35 to 1 for the highest paid worker on staff I became a no voter for most things. They stack the BoD so it's no different with a company than most government agencies.

We do not donate to any non profit where the CEO makes more than 200K, including several environmental organizations that I believe in their message.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!