The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Train-Rite Bird Boy Launchers

Default Train-Rite Bird Boy Launchers

Any thoughts good or bad on Train-Rite Bird Boy Launchers.

I'm looking for a launcher that will be mainly used for retrieve work for NAVHDA testing.

used trainrite to train and have run hunt tests with them . i think the are great and work excellent. nice arc and very consistent.

Well made and throw a country mile. Great for launching a flyer - you just step down with your toe so you aren't off balance when the bird is launched. They do weigh more than the smaller aluminum launchers - mine are a couple of years old and have held up well. I think that the newer units are powder coated.

Will dogtra electronics work them.
    How do they do with larg birds

Yes- Dogtra or TriTronics work with the TrainRite Products.
    Joe Dutro

Oakwood's Dora Duky Desire MH- (Dora) 3/3/03- 3/16/11
    Desire's Midnight Rose SH- (Rose) 1/29/08
    Desire's Big Launch MH (Rocket) 9/29/09
    Desire's Pine Ridge Lonesome Gus MH (Gus) 9/29/09

Joel
    They will work with both Tri tronics and Dogtra. We have had a few people use bumper boy new system. You could throw turkeys with this launcher if needed. Big Ducks or heavy birds are not a problem!
    Warren Price
    Trainrite
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel907 View Post
    Will dogtra electronics work them.
    How do they do with larg birds
    w. price

Overpriced!!!!!!

Brett
    You get what you pay for! Our Launchers are stable on hill sides with adjustable feet and can also be staked down if needed you do not see that with others. You also have the safest most reliable Release on the market. You can adjust the length of your throws at the Launcher rather than move the Launcher to place the bird. If you go to our website you will not see all those replacement parts because we do not have warranty problems. Since we started producing launchers for the public the only repairs we have had to do were caused by equipment abuse (run over, fell off the trailer or atv, etc)! Trainrite Cords have a service life of five years and over when maintained. We have several launchers that are over ten years old and are still working with the original cords! They are made in the USA not imported and assembled here!!

Over all the difference in cost is about $125.00 considering what you are getting it is a good deal! Ask the Pros who use them daily; they can't afford lost time on failed equipment!

Warren Price

www.trainrite.net
    w. price

My trainer uses them and has for the last year or so. I'm working with him and all the dogs at least every other week so I get to work with them also. They go through a lot of hard use and have held up great. They launch a bird a country mile. Easy to set up and use. He has never had any problems what so ever with these launchers.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

I've used just about every launcher on the market and each one has its pros and cons.The only con on your launchers is price. I will stick by my opinion of the cost outweighs any benefit. PBJ budget regards!

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    Brett
    You get what you pay for! Our Launchers are stable on hill sides with adjustable feet and can also be staked down if needed you do not see that with others. You also have the safest most reliable Release on the market. You can adjust the length of your throws at the Launcher rather than move the Launcher to place the bird. If you go to our website you will not see all those replacement parts because we do not have warranty problems. Since we started producing launchers for the public the only repairs we have had to do were caused by equipment abuse (run over, fell off the trailer or atv, etc)! Trainrite Cords have a service life of five years and over when maintained. We have several launchers that are over ten years old and are still working with the original cords! They are made in the USA not imported and assembled here!!

Over all the difference in cost is about $125.00 considering what you are getting it is a good deal! Ask the Pros who use them daily; they can't afford lost time on failed equipment!

Warren Price

www.trainrite.net