RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Train-Rite Bird Boy Launchers

9K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  BrettG 
#1 ·
Any thoughts good or bad on Train-Rite Bird Boy Launchers.

I'm looking for a launcher that will be mainly used for retrieve work for NAVHDA testing.

#3 ·
Well made and throw a country mile. Great for launching a flyer - you just step down with your toe so you aren't off balance when the bird is launched. They do weigh more than the smaller aluminum launchers - mine are a couple of years old and have held up well. I think that the newer units are powder coated.

#5 ·
Yes- Dogtra or TriTronics work with the TrainRite Products.

#8 ·
Brett
You get what you pay for! Our Launchers are stable on hill sides with adjustable feet and can also be staked down if needed you do not see that with others. You also have the safest most reliable Release on the market. You can adjust the length of your throws at the Launcher rather than move the Launcher to place the bird. If you go to our website you will not see all those replacement parts because we do not have warranty problems. Since we started producing launchers for the public the only repairs we have had to do were caused by equipment abuse (run over, fell off the trailer or atv, etc)! Trainrite Cords have a service life of five years and over when maintained. We have several launchers that are over ten years old and are still working with the original cords! They are made in the USA not imported and assembled here!!

Over all the difference in cost is about $125.00 considering what you are getting it is a good deal! Ask the Pros who use them daily; they can't afford lost time on failed equipment!

Warren Price

www.trainrite.net

#9 ·
My trainer uses them and has for the last year or so. I'm working with him and all the dogs at least every other week so I get to work with them also. They go through a lot of hard use and have held up great. They launch a bird a country mile. Easy to set up and use. He has never had any problems what so ever with these launchers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.