The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tax Returns

Default Tax Returns

Romney is not helping us by withholding his tax returns. He should open his records, show his college transcripts, and his birth certificate. The say "OK, let's see yours". He is only hurting himself by stonewalling. If there is something there, he has done the Republican party a great disservice by running at all, if there is nothing there, he needs to come out immediately with the returns. Speculation will only cause problems.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Romney is not helping us by withholding his tax returns. He should open his records, show his college transcripts, and his birth certificate. The say "OK, let's see yours". He is only hurting himself by stonewalling. If there is something there, he has done the Republican party a great disservice by running at all, if there is nothing there, he needs to come out immediately with the returns. Speculation will only cause problems.

Do you really think that showing HIS Harvard transcripts is going to determine whether someone votes for him or not ? if he releases his,is that a guarantee that BHO will release any of his...if I were advising Romney, I would have him release records as necessary, the last cards havent been dealt yet, no need to divulge anything...NOW come debate time I would like to see him on national TV have all his transcripts in hand and challenge BHO to divulge all of his...then it becomes put up or shut up time
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Do you really think that showing HIS Harvard transcripts is going to determine whether someone votes for him or not ? if he releases his,is that a guarantee that BHO will release any of his...if I were advising Romney, I would have him release records as necessary, the last cards havent been dealt yet, no need to divulge anything...NOW come debate time I would like to see him on national TV have all his transcripts in hand and challenge BHO to divulge all of his...then it becomes put up or shut up time
    Problem is that the news outlets are piling on with Obama's attacks and apparently the tax returns are going to be a big part of that. Stonewalling is not going to work in Romney's favor. Personally don't give a rat's ass about Romney's transcripts, would only release them as a counterpoint to Obama's refusal to release his.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Romney should tell Obama to show his college records and after those are all released he will release additional tax records! That should shut Obama up since we all know something is hidden in those!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Certainly won't shut Obama up. He has already proven that he can be elected without revealing his transcripts. I think that they will harp on Romney's tax returns and beat him over the head with them unless he releases them. Double standards may not be fair, but clearly they can be effective. Romney has to get the swing voters to win. I think the smear campaign may be able to sway just enough of them to put Obama back in office.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

I agree. What we need is a "document throw down." If Romney were to make public his tax filings plus his college transcripts and heck, throw in the birth certificate, he could say, "There are mine. Where are yours?" That way the whole issue would either die or become a horse collar for the President.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I agree. What we need is a "document throw down." If Romney were to make public his tax filings plus his college transcripts and heck, throw in the birth certificate, he could say, "There are mine. Where are yours?" That way the whole issue would either die or become a horse collar for the President.

Thank You! Pretty much my point exactly.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Eric Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Thank You! Pretty much my point exactly.
    Yeah, every time the ONE says jump let's all say "how high!!!!"

Get real, answer this at his whim, he will have ten more.
    Never once telling the truth about himself, becuase HE deosn't even know what it is!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    .................................................. ...............
    Never once telling the truth about himself, becuase HE deosn't even know what it is!!!!
    What a great truth you have spoken !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yeah, every time the ONE says jump let's all say "how high!!!!"

Get real, answer this at his whim, he will have ten more.

Actually what we are saying is use Obama's own claim to openness and truth against him. Instead of making it look like Romney has something to hide, give'm what they want and then say "O.K.now let's see yours". Then if Obama continues to stonewall, that't the yoke around his neck.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)