The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have a business, you didn't build that

Default If you have a business, you didn't build that

" ..if you have a business, you didn't build that, someone else made it happen.."- BHO

WTH, what an insult to those of you out there that are self employed or business owners, Gee I guess all of you that started your own businesses/practices and put your own family jewels on the line are beholding to someone else for your success..Guess all those unpaid hours and using your own personal income and that of your family didnt amount to anything..

if you are an entrepreneur and that statement doesnt make your blood boil...then it should
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Guess Obama really believed that "Life of Julia" narrative
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I have a business that I built. I started 30 years ago providing employee benefit programs to employers for their employees. Thanks, Obubba.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

There's lots of really dumb or naive people that support this president and his skewed ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    There's lots of really dumb or naive people that support this president and his skewed ideology.
    There's a lot of truth in your statement.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

FWIW,
    Hereís the full context of what he said:
    Weíve already made a trillion dollarsí worth of cuts. We can make some more cuts in programs that donít work, and make government work more efficientlyÖWe can make another trillion or trillion-two, and what we then do is ask for the wealthy to pay a little bit more Ö
    There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back. They know they didnít -look, if youíve been successful, you didnít get there on your own. You didnít get there on your own. Iím always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something Ė there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If youíve got a business. you didnít build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didnít get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we donít do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.
    So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. Thatís how we funded the GI Bill. Thatís how we created the middle class. Thatís how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. Thatís how we invented the Internet. Thatís how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and thatís the reason Iím running for president Ė because I still believe in that idea. Youíre not on your own, weíre in this together.Ē

By grabbing one sentence, you can always have some fun:

I worked harder than everybody else...the reason Iím running for president Ė because I still believe in that idea.

Last edited by TN_LAB; 07-17-2012 at 06:19 AM.
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

Yeah someone may have helped you along the way, but I built my business. I took the assistance and knowledge given to me and utilized that into a product or service someone else wants. They weren't eating Top Ramen for 3 years while I poured every dime I had into my business. To even say a line like that takes alot of balls. How did a pothead from Hawaii transfer into Columbia? That is the best example of someone else making something happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_LAB View Post
    FWIW,

The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

He's kidding, right?

FWIW,

We’ve already made a trillion dollars’ worth of cuts.

That’s how we created the middle class.
    I'd like to see a list of the cuts. A trillion is a very big number. Seems like we would have heard about a Trillion dollars worth.

The comment about the middle class also seems a subtle little attempt to deny individual accomplishment to me.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

FWIW,
    Here’s the full context of what he said:
    We’ve already made a trillion dollars’ worth of cuts. We can make some more cuts in programs that don’t work, and make government work more efficiently…We can make another trillion or trillion-two, and what we then do is ask for the wealthy to pay a little bit more …
    There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.
    So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for president – because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.”

By grabbing one sentence, you can always have some fun:
    I worked harder than everybody else...the reason I’m running for president – because I still believe in that idea.

This is a fine example of how dishonest the "fair and balanced" network is. They chop up a statement and pull out a couple sentences to make Obama look bad, they play it over and over, and express outrage. If you guys don't see how this is bad for America and bad for democracy, then there is no hope for you or the country. Or parents and grandparents believed in investing in and building the country for the greater good. Now it's all about me me me me me.
    Last edited by Buzz; 07-17-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)