The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have a business, you didn't build that

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If you read it in context, you know what he was saying. So I won't insult your intelligence and try and explain it to you, except to say that he was actually making a patriotic statement and your guys are taking him out of context to make it into something that it wasn't. Faux is TERRIBLE for America. They are despicable.
    I suppose you rely on CNN's Erin Burnett for your news.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

This is a fine example of how dishonest the "fair and balanced" network is. They chop up a statement and pull out a couple sentences to make Obama look bad, .

so, what is CBS's excuse then? They are runnin the same line.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I feel very sorry about your inability to comprehend what you read.
    is it hard to breath with your head in the sand Buzz

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    so, what is CBS's excuse then? They are runnin the same line.

I guess they took the handoff from Faux. Shame on them too.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

If you read it in context, you know what he was saying. So I won't insult your intelligence and try and explain it to you, except to say that he was actually making a patriotic statement and your guys are taking him out of context to make it into something that it wasn't. Faux is TERRIBLE for America. They are despicable.
    Buzz, with all due respect, please enlighten we the unwashed as to what this means?

To me it shows a guy clueless as to what it means to make something out of nothing.
    Minimizing the acheivements of the very people that pay the biggest chunk of taxes (his income) and provide the biggest chunk of jobs (tax base for his income) in America.

Please Buzz, explain to me where I mis understood!!??!!??
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Buzz, with all due respect, please enlighten we the unwashed as to what this means?

To me it shows a guy clueless as to what it means to make something out of nothing.
    Minimizing the acheivements of the very people that pay the biggest chunk of taxes (his income) and provide the biggest chunk of jobs (tax base for his income) in America.

Please Buzz, explain to me where I mis understood!!??!!??
    The pres said what he meant and meant what he said. You understood what he said and understood what he meant. Cudos for the pres speaking honestly. Only problem is the libs, progs, socials and coms. are uneasy trying to explain away his honesty. Fun asking them to though.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    The pres said what he meant and meant what he said. You understood what he said and understood what he meant. Cudos for the pres speaking honestly. Only problem is the libs, progs, socials and coms. are uneasy trying to explain away his honesty. Fun asking them to though.
    I know I won't get an answer (I already know the answer anyway).

The progressives here avoid my questions.
    I don't need multiple paragraphs to make my points.
    They are well defined direct and to the point.
    Something they do NOT like.
    Stan b & Elvis

Those comments by the president were an insult to everybody that has ever started,built or ran their own business.

This is a fine example of how dishonest the "fair and balanced" network is. They chop up a statement and pull out a couple sentences to make Obama look bad, they play it over and over, and express outrage. If you guys don't see how this is bad for America and bad for democracy, then there is no hope for you or the country. Or parents and grandparents believed in investing in and building the country for the greater good. Now it's all about me me me me me.
    Where is Andrea Mitchell when we need her.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_LAB View Post
    FWIW,
    Hereís the full context of what he said:
    Weíve already made a trillion dollarsí worth of cuts. We can make some more cuts in programs that donít work, and make government work more efficientlyÖWe can make another trillion or trillion-two, and what we then do is ask for the wealthy to pay a little bit more Ö
    There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me, because they want to give something back. They know they didnít -look, if youíve been successful, you didnít get there on your own. You didnít get there on your own. Iím always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something Ė there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If youíve got a business. you didnít build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didnít get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we donít do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.
    So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. Thatís how we funded the GI Bill. Thatís how we created the middle class. Thatís how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. Thatís how we invented the Internet. Thatís how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and thatís the reason Iím running for president Ė because I still believe in that idea. Youíre not on your own, weíre in this together.Ē

By grabbing one sentence, you can always have some fun:
    I worked harder than everybody else...the reason Iím running for president Ė because I still believe in that idea.

The real problem here is that after reading the whole quote, it appears to me that the quote in its entirety simply builds on the thought represented by the excerpt. As I interpret it, the point seems to be based on a system of beliefs that denies or at least dismisses the importance of individual choices, effort, and accomplishment. This system of beliefs also tends to dismiss the importance of individual RESPONSIBILITY for outcomes. If people aren't responsible for their own success, it logically follows that neither are they responsible for their failures. That leads to a culture of victimhood, helplessness, and envy. All very destructive to a free society.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com