The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: If you have a business, you didn't build that

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If the government cuts spending to the extent that you two seem to want right now, the current depression we are in will look like a boom economy.

Maybe what we need is for the Paul Ryan types to completely take over the government because I believe that giving them enough rope will put their ideas permanently where they belong, in the dustbin of history.
    Gosh Buzz, I am in total agreement with that!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob View Post
    If the President ran Bo in hunt tests or trials he would tell all the other dog owners,handlers,and trainers that they didn't get their ribbons on their own. All of the judges,hunt test workers,bird boys,trainers,and anybody that helped along the way did it all for you. You didn't do it. Lots of people train as hard as you do. While the help along the way part is true for most of us,I think the president would want all of the ribbons and titles evenly distributed among all of the dogs no matter how they do.

FC AFC HRCH BO MH (If the president has his way)
    Where's the LIKE button
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

This quote came to me in an email (having nothing to do with politics), but seemed appropriate here:
    "WHEN PEOPLE HAVE NO DREAMS AND NO HOPES OR ASPIRATIONS,LIFE BECOMES A DULL AND MEANINGLESS WILDERNESS."
    If no one can claim any individual responsibility for success, and if they achieve it, the fruits of their labors are distributed to others, aspiration is stifled. Not just talking about the revenue, but also the personal satisfaction for turning an idea into a reality.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnist...ven-in-capitol

Interesting story about entrepreneurship ... about the difference between the govt running something; and private sector motivation.

Maybe the govt itself should do more outsourcing?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Earlier we were discussing exactly what POTUS meant by his comments. For clarification, POTUS put out a campaign video explaining that. He explains:
    In an attempt to combat the negative attention, the president’s team released a television ad Tuesday night, in which Obama directly addresses the attacks from Romney and accuses his political rival of taking his "words about small business out of context."

“Of course Americans build their own businesses. Every day, hardworking people sacrifice to meet a payroll, create jobs and make our economy run. And what I said was that we need to stand behind them, as America always has," says Obama in the ad.
    To me that sounds very little like what he said originally. No wonder we've been confused as to what he really meant by his original remarks.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Lumber store owner in Ga put a big sign outside his store saying. I built this business without govt help pres Obama can kiss my A He urges others to follow
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Lumber store owner in Ga put a big sign outside his store saying. I built this business without govt help pres Obama can kiss my A He urges others to follow
    But the third line really made me smile: "I am Bob Gastner, & I approved this message." (not sure I got the fellow's name correct).

Have noticed that the bulk of campaign ads carry that "approval" message. If any of the "facts" in them ever are proven false, it won't be easy for the "approver" to wheedle out of them. (Goes for both sides, BTW).
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

I'm srory I forgot that
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If the government cuts spending to the extent that you two seem to want right now, the current depression we are in will look like a boom economy.

Maybe what we need is for the Paul Ryan types to completely take over the government because I believe that giving them enough rope will put their ideas permanently where they belong, in the dustbin of history.
    Would you have made that same prediction in 1920 when the Fed budget was cut by MORE THAN 1/2 IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS???? Yes, you probably would have.

I knew this sounded familiar!

From Atlas Shrugged:
    “He didn’t invent iron ore and blast furnaces, did he?”

“Who?”

“Rearden. He didn’t invent smelting and chemistry and air compression. He couldn’t have invented his Metal but for thousands and thousands of other people. His Metal! Why does he think it’s his? Why does he think it’s his invention? Everybody uses the work of everybody else. Nobody ever invents anything.”

She said, puzzled, “But the iron ore and all those other things were there all the time. Why didn’t anybody else make that Metal, but Mr. Rearden did?”

- Atlas Shrugged, P1C9

G.Clinchy@gmail.com