The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have a business, you didn't build that

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I'd like to see a list of the cuts. A trillion is a very big number. Seems like we would have heard about a Trillion dollars worth.

The comment about the middle class also seems a subtle little attempt to deny individual accomplishment to me.
    Like every cut they make it is always over the course of 10 years or more, they make very very small immediate cuts.

His quote was not taken out of context, his overall message is still the same the gov makes you successful with infrastructure you did not succeed on your own, this argument is tired and old. yes everyone has had some help from the gov whether it is public schools, roads,cops, firemen, etc. The downside of this assessment is if that is true than everyone should succeed, which is not nor has it ever been true that the gov is fair to everyone, the bottom 40+% doesn't tax them and I see that as not fair, but yet they are getting the bennies from the gov and not paying for them to be sustained.

Building a successful business is more than the gov building roads and blah blah blah. It takes hard work and a sound plan. This is not done by the gov, if it was every company would fail, as they would never have a budget, would not be able to hire or fire based on skills, or cut costs to make the books even out, no business can run as the gov does, they are the worst business model in existence, as is his rhetoric on equality. Get over it, no one is equal, we all have good qualities and bad, not every body is a rocket surgeon!( yes I meant rocket surgeon). Not every welfare recipient is trying to get over on the system but there are some, there are people who are out to get something for nothing, there are people who over spend, there are STUPID PEOPLE all around this country, and yes they all vote.

I get sick when he speaks and people cheer.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    This is a fine example of how dishonest the "fair and balanced" network is. They chop up a statement and pull out a couple sentences to make Obama look bad, they play it over and over, and express outrage. If you guys don't see how this is bad for America and bad for democracy, then there is no hope for you or the country. Or parents and grandparents believed in investing in and building the country for the greater good. Now it's all about me me me me me.
    Obama Quote. "If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." Tell me how ANYBODY could take that out of context. Furthermore tell me who that SOMEBODY was. Curious to see if you respond.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Obama Quote. "If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." Tell me how ANYBODY could take that out of context. Furthermore tell me who that SOMEBODY was. Curious to see if you respond.

If you read it in context, you know what he was saying. So I won't insult your intelligence and try and explain it to you, except to say that he was actually making a patriotic statement and your guys are taking him out of context to make it into something that it wasn't. Faux is TERRIBLE for America. They are despicable.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Isn't out of context what MSNBC, NBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, and so many left leaning newspapers have been doing to people they disagree with for the last 12+ years? And this is so much more in context than anything they have pulled out of speaches.

If you read it in context, you know what he was saying. So I won't insult your intelligence and try and explain it to you, except to say that he was actually making a patriotic statement and your guys are taking him out of context to make it into something that it wasn't. Faux is TERRIBLE for America. They are despicable.
    Quick, everyone switch stations to MSNBC!!!!

(you know, the station owned by GE???)
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by PMG 131 View Post
    Isn't out of context what MSNBC, NBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, and so many left leaning newspapers have been doing to people they disagree with for the last 12+ years? And this is so much more in context than anything they have pulled out of speaches.
    That's not fair, they don't take things out of context!!!

They just make it up!!

Ain't that right Dan Rather????
    Stan b & Elvis

Just the sort of BS answer if any answer at all. As for insulting my intelligence, only I can insult my intelligence, NOT YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE!!

By the way , in my opinion, it takes one of intelligence to come up with such a BS answer that says nothing and ignores the facts and reason. More power to you.

PS As usual you didn't ANSWER THE QUESTION!

We've all seen the whole statement. It wasn't out of context and doesn't change the point he was making. You keep screaming that it was taken out of context when it wasn't and the rest of the statement further proves the point being made here anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by TN_LAB View Post
    . The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    We've all seen the whole statement. It wasn't out of context and doesn't change the point he was making. You keep screaming that it was taken out of context when it wasn't and the rest of the statement further proves the point being made here anyway....

I feel very sorry about your inability to comprehend what you read.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)