The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have a business, you didn't build that

In My uneducated opinion I still think its a shame that these 2 are our only choices out of all of the honest hard working,intelligent american people.
    Politicians have us pinned to the floor and it is very scary.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    In My uneducated opinion I still think its a shame that these 2 are our only choices out of all of the honest hard working,intelligent american people.
    Amen.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Right On!

But, I have to add this cartoon as it sums it up pretty darn well.

Last edited by Franco; 07-19-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

You got that right ! The whole political scene is run by crooks, thieves and those rich enough to buy their way "in". Sad thing is some are all 3 of those things. Just reading about the FBI looking into a N.J. fiasco.
    Made me think of a bunch of gangsters. One can only hope that one of those rich enough to buy in will have some common sense and some morals. And is strong enough to stand up and do the correct things. It's going to take a real man or a real woman to do that. A true fighter.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    You got that right ! The whole political scene is run by crooks, thieves and those rich enough to buy their way "in". Sad thing is some are all 3 of those things. Just reading about the FBI looking into a N.J. fiasco.
    Made me think of a bunch of gangsters. One can only hope that one of those rich enough to buy in will have some common sense and some morals. And is strong enough to stand up and do the correct things. It's going to take a real man or a real woman to do that. A true fighter.

The only real reformer and fighter running for President lost the Beauty Contest. I don't think the American electorate knows what they want!

!

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Politicians need to be reminded that they are “public servants” and We are not servants to the government.
    Our President thinks we work for him and the government—he needs reminded that he works for us – and we are about to fire him.
    Attributed to Ben Franklin-
    "Don't Argue with Stupid People..... They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

"Arguing with Idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sh$t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by J Hoggatt View Post
    Politicians need to be reminded that they are “public servants” and We are not servants to the government.
    Our President thinks we work for him and the government—he needs reminded that he works for us – and we are about to fire him
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Like I said earlier, Gov't. did NOT build business, business built Gov't.

See what I'm sayin'????????
    Stan b & Elvis

When a nation such as ours is 16 TRILLION in debt, we work for the politicians. When politicians can tell us how much of our money they can take from us, money we have earned, then we have lost most of our Liberty!

I don't know how else to put this nicely. We, the electorate have allowed our politicians to piss a way many of our Freedoms and has allowed them to sellout tax payers to every special interest imaginable.

And, the electorate wants more Democrats and Republicans! We have the government we deserve.

Tonight, I tuned in to Rachael Maddow on MSNBC for a little bit( Yes Buzz I do watch MSNBC also). Instead of talking about taking President Obama's business statement out of context, she did give her interpretation of his statement. She said that what he meant was that the gov. built the roads and bridges that businesses need to exist, and without gov. providing such things that business could not exist. Good for her. At least she was brave enough to put forth the position instead of hiding behind a frivilious statement such as "you don't understand the context".

Buzz, I have to admit that given this the true meaning of his statement, you were smart to run and hide from it since you have such liberal views. The statement was silly at the least if not totally idiotic. Let me give you an example. How about "if you are going to have schools, you must have teachers". That statement is about as informative as what Obama said. I might also say that if you want to consider the contribution of roads and business that all Americans has the same access to roads and bridges whether they succeed or fail or even try to create business. I might add that if he chooses to make such a silly statement as to the importance of roads and bridges in the creation of business, then he should have the gov. also take credit for the more than 50,000 motorists killed on those very same roads and bridges. How about him having the gov. taking credit for those such as Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer who used roads and bridges to kill people, and the drug trafficers who use them to transport their drugs? And how about this: "You didn't carry those drgs all over the country by yourself. YOU HAD HELP. You didn't do that by yourself, somebody else did that" All such silly statements including those also of the President. He has no clue as to what constitutes success, failure and abuse. He literally has no clue.