The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Pigeon Trap is Out

Got my girl in the office to print some PULL signs and laminate them yesterday.
    We'll see if the pigeons can read!!!

Gregg Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by golfandhunter View Post
    Molly, move the trap to another location and use only corn, get rid of the bread.
    I have 4 traps out right now but only catching birds in one of them consistantly.
    There is lots of seed on the ground in the fall and the birds are not crazed for food.
    They will eat around the trap for easy pickings in the fall. When it gets cold the game will
    change in your favor as they need more food to survive like ducks.
    I always leave the doors down and put alot of corn around the area to get them started.
    It usually takes a week ot two to get them around the trap and to start catching them.
    Be patient and check your bait every other day to make sure the rats and squirrels are not chowing on your corn.

Good Luck,
    Gregg Leonard
    Thanks for the help Gregg. I'm going to go ask the 711 guys if I can put it on their roof and make up a few lies about racing pigeons or relocating them for humane purposes. I ran into the same problem a RailRoadRetrievers and have to bend this sucker back in place after somebody beat it up. And Tim is my name, Molly is the dog

Quote Originally Posted by mollyjmu View Post
    Thanks for the help Gregg. I'm going to go ask the 711 guys if I can put it on their roof and make up a few lies about racing pigeons or relocating them for humane purposes. I ran into the same problem a RailRoadRetrievers and have to bend this sucker back in place after somebody beat it up. And Tim is my name, Molly is the dog
    Good Luck Tim, I know that Molly really wants you to be successful.

Gregg