RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Pigeon Trap is Out

37K views 122 replies 32 participants last post by  golfandhunter 
#1 ·
My son put my pigeon trap out on the top of a service station. He'll leave it wired open for a few days and let the pigeons get used to going in and out. Results will be posted later.

#114 ·
I'm not having any luck this fall. I have a wire trap with two doors that are propped open and the damn birds won't even eat the corn and bread that is around the trap, let alone go in the trap to get the majority of the whole kernel corn. Any suggestions fellas?
Molly, move the trap to another location and use only corn, get rid of the bread.
I have 4 traps out right now but only catching birds in one of them consistantly.
There is lots of seed on the ground in the fall and the birds are not crazed for food.
They will eat around the trap for easy pickings in the fall. When it gets cold the game will
change in your favor as they need more food to survive like ducks.
I always leave the doors down and put alot of corn around the area to get them started.
It usually takes a week ot two to get them around the trap and to start catching them.
Be patient and check your bait every other day to make sure the rats and squirrels are not chowing on your corn.

Good Luck,
Gregg Leonard

#113 ·
I made a pigeon trap years ago. I'd set it up where pigeons congregated and would sit in my truck at a distance waiting for it to fill up. No luck. I talked to someone who said to put a live pigeon in it and leave it out longer. Next weekend I did and left it out all day. Returned to find someone had released the pigeon and smashed the trap...

#117 ·
Okay what does PULL stand for?

#120 ·
Ha that is awesome!

#121 ·
Got my girl in the office to print some PULL signs and laminate them yesterday.
We'll see if the pigeons can read!!!

Gregg Leonard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.