The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noooo, we don't need an ID to vote. Nope not at all.

Default Noooo, we don't need an ID to vote. Nope not at all.

Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Why are the progressives so deathly afraid of voter ID anyway?

Just askin'........
    Stan b & Elvis

I don't know for sure, but this article was in yesterdays Wisc. State Journal:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/1...-american.html

I like to read Leonard Pitts to gain a different perspective, is a very good writer, and understand where he is coming from here, but why is it our problem that the African Americans don't vote in the first place?
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

I thought it was a law that you must have a valid ID on you at all times as an adult. Since state ids have pictures, does not everyone have a photo id? I think I am missing something on the whole point of voter id. Show your ID you use to collect welfare, food stamps and what ever else you think you are entitled to. Or do you not have to have an ID to get that stuff?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Why are the progressives so deathly afraid of voter ID anyway?

Just askin'........

The reason being is this: democrats are HUGE proponents of welfare, food stamps, etc. As it stands now, illegals are allowed to get on food stamps (and I think welfare, but not 100%). So they're basically increasing their vote share because what illegal alien is going to vote for a party member that wants to send illegals home and stop providing them free money?

If they can get the majority of America dependent upon the government, then they will when the elections every time.

If they make people have to have ID to vote, well there goes all there illegal votes.

I say, if I don't have to have an ID to vote, then why do I have to have an ID to buy a gun? They're both rights, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    I thought it was a law that you must have a valid ID on you at all times as an adult. Since state ids have pictures, does not everyone have a photo id? I think I am missing something on the whole point of voter id. Show your ID you use to collect welfare, food stamps and what ever else you think you are entitled to. Or do you not have to have an ID to get that stuff?

Richard
    Not sure that there is any law that forces adults (or anyone else for that matter) to carry ID. Do at least hope one would have to have some kind of ID to collect a welfare check or food stamps.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I am with the conservatives on this issue. If we restrict voting to non fellon citizens then there should be some form of ID. My issue is they should start the ID process now and have it ready for the next election cycle. There isn't enough lead time for the 2012 elections to get the job done. But, there are those with other agenda that they refuse to be transparent about.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

already a law in Indiana and several other states.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Idiot Judge David Flanagan of Wisconsin just issued a permanent ban on the Voter ID law saying "imposes a'substantial burden' upon a significant proportion of state residents" that don't have a photo ID. OMG, they are free at Dept. Motor Vehicles.
    Kevin Entwistle

who are these people that don't have a driver license/ID???? and why don't they have one???? I want to hear the excuses for not having an ID.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade