The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noooo, we don't need an ID to vote. Nope not at all.

Last time we voted ( this year ) the lady who over-sees the book that we sign to vote said, "I'm so sorry but I need to see your photo ID". I told her I was glad that they did that and that she did not need to say "sorry". We have always had to show our ID here and they have never apologized before so I guess they are getting chewed out for it by some people now. She is a retired school teacher. I'm all for voter ID required for all elections.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/29/mi...of-voter-fraud
    If this weren't so outrageous, it would be funny.

While NAACP President Benjamin Jealous lashed out at new state laws requiring photo ID for voting, an NAACP executive sits in prison, sentenced for carrying out a massive voter fraud scheme.

In a story ignored by the national media, in April a Tunica County, Miss., jury convicted NAACP official Lessadolla Sowers on 10 counts of fraudulently casting absentee ballots. Sowers is identified on an NAACP website as a member of the Tunica County NAACP Executive Committee.

Sowers received a five-year prison term for each of the 10 counts, but Circuit Court Judge Charles Webster permitted Sowers to serve those terms concurrently, according to the Tunica Times, the only media outlet to cover the sentencing.
    “This crime cuts against the fabric of our free society,” Judge Webster said. (So, I wonder why he allowed the sentences to be served concurrently?)

Sowers was found guilty of voting in the names of Carrie Collins, Walter Howard, Sheena Shelton, Alberta Pickett, Draper Cotton and Eddie Davis. She was also convicted of voting in the names of four dead persons: James L. Young, Dora Price, Dorothy Harris, and David Ross.

In the trial, forensic scientist Bo Scales testified that Sowers’s DNA was found on the inner seals of five envelopes containing absentee ballots.

This wasn’t Sowers’s first run-in with the law. Sowers previously had her probation revoked for disturbing the peace at a junior high school library, the Commercial Appeal of Memphis reported in 1990. During a hearing at that time, Sowers played the race card. She claimed to be the victim of “an attempt by powerful whites to silence” her, the newspaper reported. It didn’t work. She was ordered back to prison to complete the remaining two years of a three-year sentence she received for check forgery.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

While NAACP President Benjamin Jealous lashed out at new state laws requiring photo ID for voting, an NAACP executive sits in prison, sentenced for carrying out a massive voter fraud scheme.

In a story ignored by the national media, in April a Tunica County, Miss., jury convicted NAACP official Lessadolla Sowers on 10 counts of fraudulently casting absentee ballots. Sowers is identified on an NAACP website as a member of the Tunica County NAACP Executive Committee.

Sowers received a five-year prison term for each of the 10 counts, but Circuit Court Judge Charles Webster permitted Sowers to serve those terms concurrently, according to the Tunica Times, the only media outlet to cover the sentencing.
    “This crime cuts against the fabric of our free society,” Judge Webster said. (So, I wonder why he allowed the sentences to be served concurrently?)

Sowers was found guilty of voting in the names of Carrie Collins, Walter Howard, Sheena Shelton, Alberta Pickett, Draper Cotton and Eddie Davis. She was also convicted of voting in the names of four dead persons: James L. Young, Dora Price, Dorothy Harris, and David Ross.

In the trial, forensic scientist Bo Scales testified that Sowers’s DNA was found on the inner seals of five envelopes containing absentee ballots.

This wasn’t Sowers’s first run-in with the law. Sowers previously had her probation revoked for disturbing the peace at a junior high school library, the Commercial Appeal of Memphis reported in 1990. During a hearing at that time, Sowers played the race card. She claimed to be the victim of “an attempt by powerful whites to silence” her, the newspaper reported. It didn’t work. She was ordered back to prison to complete the remaining two years of a three-year sentence she received for check forgery.
    Wonder who they/she voted for?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925
    I am with the conservatives on this issue. If we restrict voting to non fellon citizens then there should be some form of ID. My issue is they should start the ID process now and have it ready for the next election cycle. There isn't enough lead time for the 2012 elections to get the job done. But, there are those with other agenda that they refuse to be transparent about.
    There must be tons of voter fraud. How else do you explain a black guy getting elected president?

These laws are nothing more than conservatives limiting population of voters who would not vote their way.

And yes, the only people who would vote Democrats are those wanting free stuff.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    There must be tons of voter fraud. How else do you explain a black guy getting elected president?

These laws are nothing more than conservatives limiting population of voters who would not vote their way.

Ah, Buzz, c'mon ... you are just stirring the pot.

We sure don't know how much voter fraud there is, but Ms. Sowers sure did some. If there is voter fraud, it devalues everyone's vote, including yours. And the solutions are not that complicated.

They've put in a voter ID law here in PA. I've heard several radio ads for the free ID available at all the drivers' license locations. Here in PA many of those locations are in shopping areas that can be accessed with public transportation.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

I do believe that's RACIST!
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Perhaps they should dust the ballot for finger prints, If yours is in certain specified legal data bases your vote gets the round file

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

So, you are admitting the only people not smart enough to get a state ID are Democrats?
    Do your fellow travelers Know what you think of them??

Just askin'...........
    Stan b & Elvis

Why would dead people want or need free stuff?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth