The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noooo, we don't need an ID to vote. Nope not at all.

They're too lazy or criminal, illegal aliens included, that don't want or "need" a ID.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011
    "Lars" Chilian with the Rainmaker, born: Feb. 2, 2010

"That which you manifest is before you" (The Art of Racing in the Rain)

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I am with the conservatives on this issue. If we restrict voting to non fellon citizens then there should be some form of ID. My issue is they should start the ID process now and have it ready for the next election cycle. There isn't enough lead time for the 2012 elections to get the job done. But, there are those with other agenda that they refuse to be transparent about.
    Bull! Bet those without an ID could get down to the welfare office if The Won signed an executive order today giving them an extra $100.00 on their EBT card. If you could no longer buy Kool Filter Kings and Malt Liquor without an ID there would be lines for days at DMV for ID's. Demorats are crying and trying to keep their Plantation intact as it slowly crumbles.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by LokiMeister View Post
    They're too lazy or criminal, illegal aliens included, that don't want or "need" a ID.
    I understand this and have seen everyone give their list of different types of people who don't have and ID but I've never seen or heard of anyone from one of these categories step forward and say why they don't have an ID. I think it's just a BS excuse. There has to be some record out there that shows how many residents are in WI and how many state issues license/ID there are. let's see how many people we are actually talking about here before just listing off a bunch of different categories/excuses.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

THe dems keep saying it would have a negative effect on the poor. How do these people prove who they are in order to receive all of their taxpayer funded handouts????
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Voting is right that should not be manipulated by either side. It's a fundimental right every citizen should exercise. Adding politically motivated roadblocks is just plain wrong. And adding huge costs to the government to facilitate these misguided ID attempts is also wrong. We are already under too much debt and over reaching of the government.

WE are blessed in this country to have open elections and in most states very little to no voter fraud. Of the millions of votes cast, I doubt anyone can point to case where voter fraud changed an outcome. Does it occur? Of course it does. But at what cost do we trample on our rights just to further a misguided notion of widespread voter fraud. Those of you who claim to be conservatives should be horrified at the thought of anyone adding another cost to the taxpayers. And if this is imposed, we will be picking up the cost to the tune of millions.

Don't mess with the Constitution Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Interestingly, this person was hired and promoted by one of the authers of the MN constutional amendment being proposed. Of greater concern to me is not the voter fraud, but the welfare scam.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Voting is right that should not be manipulated by either side. It's a fundimental right every citizen should exercise. Adding politically motivated roadblocks is just plain wrong. And adding huge costs to the government to facilitate these misguided ID attempts is also wrong. We are already under too much debt and over reaching of the government.

WE are blessed in this country to have open elections and in most states very little to no voter fraud. Of the millions of votes cast, I doubt anyone can point to case where voter fraud changed an outcome. Does it occur? Of course it does. But at what cost do we trample on our rights just to further a misguided notion of widespread voter fraud. Those of you who claim to be conservatives should be horrified at the thought of anyone adding another cost to the taxpayers. And if this is imposed, we will be picking up the cost to the tune of millions.

There is nothing wrong with showing an ID to get a drink, rent a car OR to vote. The judges that are against this have a liberal agenda and need to be removed from office.
    Kevin Entwistle

WGD (Worlds Greatest Dog) Cinci Redstocking "Loki", born: Jan. 22, 1999, RIP November 13, 2011

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post

Pretty sure that many here would disagree with the bolded statement. I know plenty of folks who really shouldn't be voting. Not because they are in some way legally ineligible but because they are either too far out on the left side of the bell curve (mentally challenged) or too poorly informed to make that kind of decision.

I will say that your economic argument certainly deserves more attention. We really don't need another bunch of tax devouring bureaucrats out there collecting salaries and writing more pages of regulations. It does just gall me however to know that I have to show ID for all sorts of things that are much less important than voting and yet in many places one can vote in NATIONAL elections just on one's word.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

There is nothing wrong with showing an ID to get a drink, rent a car OR to vote. The judges that are against this have a liberal agenda and need to be removed from office.
    You know what? I forgot the MOST important one: You need an ID TO GET A JOB!!!!
    Kevin Entwistle

You know what? I forgot the MOST important one: You need an ID TO GET A JOB!!!!
    Forgot all about that and I should remember all the ins and outs of that as a former HR manager.

Heck i you have only a drivers liscense or ss card you are out of luck!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI