The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would I?

Default Why would I?

Over the last couple of days, a question continues to nag at me. For those who are currently on the welfare system, what would it take to get off it?
    (** denotes "value" of the service based on my own personal expenses)

In the State of Illinois:

An average family of 4 can earn up to $2442/mo gross income derived from either SSI, Unemployment, Child Support, or actual wages.

For my example, I will use a family of 4 earning $1200/mo via SSI (half the allowable to qualify for services) ($14400)

SNAP (food stamps) allowance for this family is $668/mo ($8016/year)
    WIC program: approx $200/mo ($2400/year)
    Housing allowance: up to $885/mo. ($10620/year)
    ALLKids and MAP are paid (medical assistance/health insurance including prenatal and well child/preventive care) are paid for.
    (my current family of 4 insurance premium is about $500/mo, ($6000 annually) **
    LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assist Prog. pays utilities incl elec/gas/water) ($6000 annually) **

I have not added in the child care assistance because I could not find an actual dollar amount, percentage paid, or calculator to determine a dollar value. The state does pay for daycare for kids who qualify, but I could not find a way to add a correct amount. Also left off the free cell phone program LOL.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total VALUE of all income: $47436.00 (NET)

IF this family used the available resources to educate and/or training to obtain employment, they would need to get jobs and earn in excess of $60,000/year to maintain their CURRENT situation.

How is this help? What can be done differently? This shows me that there is ZERO incentive to achieve. Generation after generation will simply require more and more assistance.

We cannot abandon the poor or refuse to help. That's not right and I do not advocate leaving anyone out in the cold

"I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

I wouldn't get off its to good, why go to work?
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Wow, I could get a pay raise if I stop working. I will have to look into this. NOT

Richard

Same here, especially since Obama changed the work requirement. Now I know why they say so many people have dropped out of the work force.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

All you need do is recall the illustration of the 5th grader running for office of class president by offering every kid that voted for her, free ice cream. Obama isn't smarter than a 5th grader, but he has learned this bit of campaigning very well. Probably read it in the ACORN regulations for a community organizer.

Be prepared for his next hand-outs...mortgage settlements and college-loan forgiveness.

And you wonder why the Democrats feel so confident he'll be returned to the White House? Get your impeachment plans ready, because, short of another Hinkle running loose, the nation may have no other recourse.

UB

PS Don't encourage any Hinkle wannabes. Remind yourself of what was put in place as the Obama protector initially...and there are those that think he should change his V.P.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

where can I go to see if I qualify for these programs?
    hey, if you can't beat em, join em!!
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J Simoens View Post
    where can I go to see if I qualify for these programs?
    hey, if you can't beat em, join em!!
    for wisconsin...if you are a family of 4 and earn less than $3544/mo you qualify for WIC. And if you earn less than $3851.46/mo you qualify for BadgerCare Plus.

I dont want to beat em... just wish we could actually help.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    for wisconsin...if you are a family of 4 and earn less than $3544/mo you qualify for WIC. And if you earn less than $3851.46/mo you qualify for BadgerCare Plus.

I dont want to beat em... just wish we could actually help.
    What if there are no kids in the house?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    What if there are no kids in the house?
    family of 1 WIC guidelines say $1723/mo is income maximum.

Now, why would ya need WIC if you're a family of one? LOL @ the gooberment.
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    Over the last couple of days, a question continues to nag at me. For those who are currently on the welfare system, what would it take to get off it?
    (** denotes "value" of the service based on my own personal expenses)

In the State of Illinois:

An average family of 4 can earn up to $2442/mo gross income derived from either SSI, Unemployment, Child Support, or actual wages.

For my example, I will use a family of 4 earning $1200/mo via SSI (half the allowable to qualify for services) ($14400)

SNAP (food stamps) allowance for this family is $668/mo ($8016/year)
    WIC program: approx $200/mo ($2400/year)
    Housing allowance: up to $885/mo. ($10620/year)
    ALLKids and MAP are paid (medical assistance/health insurance including prenatal and well child/preventive care) are paid for.
    (my current family of 4 insurance premium is about $500/mo, ($6000 annually) **
    LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assist Prog. pays utilities incl elec/gas/water) ($6000 annually) **

I have not added in the child care assistance because I could not find an actual dollar amount, percentage paid, or calculator to determine a dollar value. The state does pay for daycare for kids who qualify, but I could not find a way to add a correct amount. Also left off the free cell phone program LOL.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total VALUE of all income: $47436.00 (NET)

IF this family used the available resources to educate and/or training to obtain employment, they would need to get jobs and earn in excess of $60,000/year to maintain their CURRENT situation.

How is this help? What can be done differently? This shows me that there is ZERO incentive to achieve. Generation after generation will simply require more and more assistance.

We cannot abandon the poor or refuse to help. That's not right and I do not advocate leaving anyone out in the cold

Let's not forget the free school breakast and lunches! We, the taxpayers pay twice for once with the cost of foos stamps and then for the freebees!!!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI