The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: another rush to judgement by the media

Default another rush to judgement by the media

Soon after the name of the Aurora Colorado shooter was divulged, ABC News Brian Ross misidentified the man James Holmes as a member of the Tea Party in Colorado.....there is a Jim Holmes in Colorado who is a member of the Tea Party but he is 52 years old not like the 24 yr old shooter..

Guessing that being first to report the story and to pin it on a conservative political group was more important then getting it right...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Reporters are no longer required to have truth in their stories. Just shoot from the hip and throw something out there that fits their agenda. A simple oops later is all they think they need when they are proven wrong. They know Americans will always remember the first story they hear. Anything after that is usually dismissed subconsciously.

Richard

i dont much care what his political association is. he's a murdering maniac that should be hung high in the middle of main street at noon. The reporting agency (whatever news/radio station) should issue an immediate apology for providing false information.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Should the media name the political affiliation of every criminal? I have a hunch the Dems would win this one
    Last edited by Franco; 07-20-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

....and who was sitting at the anchor desk.....George Stefanopolis.
    Tom Dorroh

Breitbart.com says he was a democrat, Oh no. Who cares what party he voted for. he clearly played for his own crazy team. It is sad that they focus on that rather then the victims of this crime.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Wonder if the 52yr old Jim Holmes has a cause of action?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Wonder if the 52yr old Jim Holmes has a cause of action?
    according to one report he had to disconnect his phone after being harassed by numerous whack jobs

ABC News and Brian Ross issued a half azzzed apology, but the damage had been done
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Tea party is the new Marilyn Manson
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J Simoens View Post
    Tea party is the new Marilyn Manson
    Unsure of what you are implying, but if you are placing the Tea Party (which includes me and millions of others whose main desire in life is to get this nation back from the current oligarchy, and the idiots that put Obama in power) in a category with a kook like that faget, I'm left with placing your name and my view of your worth with the "fools" that allowed the past 4 years to happen.

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.
    It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
    The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.
    Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
    The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.