The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: another rush to judgement by the media

  1. #31
    Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NW Tarrant County TX
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Thanks, HPL.

    He really isn't as dumb as people like to say he is. You just have to listen and pay attention.

    lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

  2. #32
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lesa Cozens Dauphin View Post
    Thanks, HPL.

    He really isn't as dumb as people like to say he is. You just have to listen and pay attention.

    lesa c
    I think that to suggest that he is "dumb" at all is a good example of a specious statement. One thing that I noticed in that interview is that he sounds like a Texan. The accent and speech rhythms are what I am used to as a native Texan myself. Some people (often to their great regret later) erroneously interpret those somewhat slow, kinda folksy, perhaps even quaint patterns as an indication of mental slowness.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    You couldn't be more misinformed about me. I am not a unionized government employee. I work in the private sector as a mid level manager for an international company. I was once a union employee in the private sector, and swore that I would never forgot where I came from when I moved to the office. I am neither democrat or republican. I don't declare a party, because I believe in things that both parties believe in. I refuse to be closed minded and blinded by political ideology. I am an avid hunter, gun owner, and retriever lover/owner. I just get sick of people bashing a guy that has tried numerous things and the GOP has blocked everything he's tried to work with them on. Just because Bush graduated from those institutions, doesn't mean he's smart. The world is full of educated idiots. They are book smart, but couldn't poor piss out of a boot unless it had instructions written on the bottom. UB, here's the thing that will really bother you. I'm from SD, not the part you're from. I'm one of those East River guys, not Sioux Falls, but East of the river no less. I only moved to WI because my plant closed and the only job option was to move out of state or take a huge pay cut. Trust me, if an opportunity presented itself in my field in SD, I'd move back there so fast it'd make your head spin. So in conclusion, don't go making assumptions about my employment status just because I am not anti union and happen to think that it's ok if we have a black president.
    I would like to know what was blocked by the republicans, especially in the first year and a half when that was impossible. I would also like to know how you feel about the democrats now blocking everything the republicans are trying to do. Being a middle of the roader as you claim you should be equally upset right?

  4. #34
    Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NW Tarrant County TX
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I think that to suggest that he is "dumb" at all is a good example of a specious statement. One thing that I noticed in that interview is that he sounds like a Texan. The accent and speech rhythms are what I am used to as a native Texan myself. Some people (often to their great regret later) erroneously interpret those somewhat slow, kinda folksy, perhaps even quaint patterns as an indication of mental slowness.
    This is very true!
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

  5. #35
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Bush wasn't dumb, he just did dumb things like starting two needless wars and Medicare Perscription Plan B which was and still unfunded. I'm not an Obama fan but he did inherit an mess from Bush along with 8-9 TRILLION in debt and growing!

    Bush upset the Balance of Power in the mideast making Iran the major player, a very serious mistake. History won't be kind to Bush43.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Jason Glavich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    woodbridge,VA
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Franco,

    Do you think History will be kind to Obama?

    Bush may have upset the power but Obama bows down to it every chance he gets.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

    ~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

  7. #37
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Franco,

    Do you think History will be kind to Obama?

    Bush may have upset the power but Obama bows down to it every chance he gets.
    It will depend on which History book one is reading. I suspect that Obama will get a pass from most.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    You couldn't be more misinformed about me. I am not a unionized government employee. I work in the private sector as a mid level manager for an international company. I was once a union employee in the private sector, and swore that I would never forgot where I came from when I moved to the office. I am neither democrat or republican. I don't declare a party, because I believe in things that both parties believe in. I refuse to be closed minded and blinded by political ideology. I am an avid hunter, gun owner, and retriever lover/owner. I just get sick of people bashing a guy that has tried numerous things and the GOP has blocked everything he's tried to work with them on. Just because Bush graduated from those institutions, doesn't mean he's smart. The world is full of educated idiots. They are book smart, but couldn't poor piss out of a boot unless it had instructions written on the bottom. UB, here's the thing that will really bother you. I'm from SD, not the part you're from. I'm one of those East River guys, not Sioux Falls, but East of the river no less. I only moved to WI because my plant closed and the only job option was to move out of state or take a huge pay cut. Trust me, if an opportunity presented itself in my field in SD, I'd move back there so fast it'd make your head spin. So in conclusion, don't go making assumptions about my employment status just because I am not anti union and happen to think that it's ok if we have a black president.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Ya coulda knocked me over with a feather. What an incredulous clarification, "I
    am neither democrat or republican." We used to have your types on POTUS, one was a Dr from Pennsylvania. I like to call your ilk "FLAMING INDEPENDANTS". While you may be able to fool yourself, you aren't fooling any 'real' independant, regardless of their political persuasion. You CAN be, however, included in the following crowd.

    The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

    It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

    The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

    Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

    The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    lake charles,la
    Posts
    418

    Default

    History Books !!!Do you people actually think that they still teach history in schools !!GEEZ, how many people have you seen this year that doesn't know the words of the National Anthem ? about a week ago Jesse Watters ask this girl at some beach in Florida when was the Declaration of Independence singed ? Her answer..


    1969 !!!

    BobbyB
    cajun
    Last edited by bobbyb; 07-24-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •