The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: another rush to judgement by the media

  1. #21
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    So what do we do with the idiots that elected Bush twice. It was ok that he is dumber than a post and in bed with the Saudis. Yes it was Saudis that hit the WTC, not Saddam Hussein. but he didn't go after the Saudis, he went after Hussein, and lost focus on Bin Laden. Got us into 2 wars, oil prices went through the roof. The housing market collapsed, went into a major recession that Obama inherited and the GOP has blocked everything that he has tried to do. BTW, what about the idiots that elected old man Bush? The GOP and the media was in an uproar because Clinton got a hummer. Petty jealousy I say. If Monica Lewinsky had been giving hummers to everybody, you never would've heard about it. But since she was only shining Bill, the old timers got pzzd. I think Clinton had a balanced budget when he left office and 'Ol W pzzed that away. Just sayin.
    Who in their right mind voted for someone who would not pass the background check to be a secret service agent protecting the idiot druggie in chief???
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  2. #22
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel J Simoens View Post
    nope, my statement is in regards to the people who wanted to blame Marily Manson after Columbine when he had nothing to do with it. now people are trying to take down the Tea Party for something they had nothing to do with. It's all a blame game and the media has ignited the flame. Everybody is always trying to point the finger at someone else these days and not take personal acceptance. It's always someone else's fault or someone else did something for you. Also see Oblahblah's statement on who built their own business.

    I appreciate your clarification, especially since I'd always considered your posts coming from someone I could easily agree with. Sorry if I didn't read the 'Manson' post with the correct view.

    Also concerning this story, wasn't it easily anticipated that this type of incredulous action by a total kook would excite the main stream bastards into another frenzy of gun control reporting, such as what CBS had in their 48 hours show. What a batch of sycophants we have in this nation of lefties, socialists and marxists. It's just a matter of time before this nation will become another Greece...certainly within the next 4 years if the "Fools-of-this-Country" have their way in the November elections.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    So what do we do with the idiots that elected Bush twice. It was ok that he is dumber than a post and in bed with the Saudis. Yes it was Saudis that hit the WTC, not Saddam Hussein. but he didn't go after the Saudis, he went after Hussein, and lost focus on Bin Laden. Got us into 2 wars, oil prices went through the roof. The housing market collapsed, went into a major recession that Obama inherited and the GOP has blocked everything that he has tried to do. BTW, what about the idiots that elected old man Bush? The GOP and the media was in an uproar because Clinton got a hummer. Petty jealousy I say. If Monica Lewinsky had been giving hummers to everybody, you never would've heard about it. But since she was only shining Bill, the old timers got pzzd. I think Clinton had a balanced budget when he left office and 'Ol W pzzed that away. Just sayin.
    WOW! Lookee here, Stan. Another of your cheeseheads that no doubt were in the forfront of that recall fiasco your Governor had to endure...not to mention the cost to you tax payers in that state.

    It's not really amazing that there are so many 'fools' in the Badger state, but it is amazing to me they claim to be both retriever lovers/gun owners AND Democrat toads in the Obama camp.

    What's totally 'Stark' to me, Murral, is how dayumed conflicted you are. Guess it's part of being a government unionized employee. But you can't have it both ways. 4 more years of this oligarchy WILL cost you, even if you appear to be blinded by that now. And if you won't feel it, what excuse will you use to tell your offspring?

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    WOW! Lookee here, Stan. Another of your cheeseheads that no doubt were in the forfront of that recall fiasco your Governor had to endure...not to mention the cost to you tax payers in that state.

    It's not really amazing that there are so many 'fools' in the Badger state, but it is amazing to me they claim to be both retriever lovers/gun owners AND Democrat toads in the Obama camp.

    What's totally 'Stark' to me, Murral, is how dayumed conflicted you are. Guess it's part of being a government unionized employee. But you can't have it both ways. 4 more years of this oligarchy WILL cost you, even if you appear to be blinded by that now. And if you won't feel it, what excuse will you use to tell your offspring?

    UB
    You couldn't be more misinformed about me. I am not a unionized government employee. I work in the private sector as a mid level manager for an international company. I was once a union employee in the private sector, and swore that I would never forgot where I came from when I moved to the office. I am neither democrat or republican. I don't declare a party, because I believe in things that both parties believe in. I refuse to be closed minded and blinded by political ideology. I am an avid hunter, gun owner, and retriever lover/owner. I just get sick of people bashing a guy that has tried numerous things and the GOP has blocked everything he's tried to work with them on. Just because Bush graduated from those institutions, doesn't mean he's smart. The world is full of educated idiots. They are book smart, but couldn't poor piss out of a boot unless it had instructions written on the bottom. UB, here's the thing that will really bother you. I'm from SD, not the part you're from. I'm one of those East River guys, not Sioux Falls, but East of the river no less. I only moved to WI because my plant closed and the only job option was to move out of state or take a huge pay cut. Trust me, if an opportunity presented itself in my field in SD, I'd move back there so fast it'd make your head spin. So in conclusion, don't go making assumptions about my employment status just because I am not anti union and happen to think that it's ok if we have a black president.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Who in their right mind voted for someone who would not pass the background check to be a secret service agent protecting the idiot druggie in chief???
    Druggie In chief. He smoked some pot when he was young, so what. I suppose you never had any youthful indiscretions? You were probably the perfect child. No smoking, chewing, drinking, drugs, or premarital sex when you were young? Look at the republican messiah, Rush Limbaugh, he's an admitted drug "addict" and a flaming racist. But, because he is a Republican, that's ok. You just can't do those things if you're black or a democrat. Did I speak incorrectly, when I asked if Clinton had a balanced budget when he left office?

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    new london, wi
    Posts
    622

    Default

    My offspring are grown and I don't have to worry about them. They got an education at public schools, public universities and God forbid, they even used government aid to go to college. THE SHAME OF IT!!!

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hubert NC
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    happen to think that it's ok if we have a black president.
    It is amazing that this statement was made. I guess he is not the president of the US but the black president of the US. This is as prejudice a statement as there can be. Voting for a person based on the color of his skin is as prejudice as not voting for a person for the color of his skin. Anyone that thinks this way needs to step back and think hard. This is one of the problems with the current president. He was given a pass to many times because of the color of his skin. He was not given the same vetting by the neutral media of our country as the other candidates. Oh wait a minute, that right the media is a prejudice as the quoted statement above.

    My opinion

    Richard

  8. #28
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    Please provide a list of the policies that our current president has attempted to implement that would make a positive change in our nation's economy that the Republicans have prevented. I would like to better understand your perspective. While you are at it, please explain your perspective on the cause of the housing market crash. I'm not trying to bait you into an argument, I'm just looking for a full understanding of these two key items in the talking points of the Democrats.
    As far as the decisions that our previous president made with regard to action in Iraq and Afghanistan, I believe that there are both Dems and Republicans who disagree as well as both Dems and Republicans who agree that they were the right decisions AT THE TIME. I think that most informed Americans would agree that mistakes and some serious miscalculations were made over the last 10 years or so (just like in any war ever fought). But for once I would like to have a discussion about President Obama without his supporters coming back with the "but what about Bush?" argument. Just once, I would like to hear an informed, intelligent argument from an Obama supporter about why they support him, what he's accomplished, what he's attempting to accomplish and what he stands for. I have yet to hear one. All I ever hear is 1. It's George Bush's fault, 2. He can't do anything because the Republicans won't let him, 3. If you don't support Obama, you must be racist, 4. He wants to help "the middle class" and Republicans only want to help "rich people".
    There used to be a very informed, intelligent and well-spoken left-leaning guy who came to this board who might have been able to give a cogent argument on the subject, but he doesn't come around any more. But maybe he doesn't come around any more because he's intelligent enough to know that he just doesn't have enough ammunition to make the argument. He might just be smart enough to realize that he got what he wished for and it turned out to be a disaster. I guess we'll never know. But I still wait for someone to step up and explain some rational reasons for supporting our President and the Democrat party.
    Matt McKenzie

    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

  9. #29
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    It is amazing that this statement was made. I guess he is not the president of the US but the black president of the US. This is as prejudice a statement as there can be. Voting for a person based on the color of his skin is as prejudice as not voting for a person for the color of his skin. Anyone that thinks this way needs to step back and think hard. This is one of the problems with the current president. He was given a pass to many times because of the color of his skin. He was not given the same vetting by the neutral media of our country as the other candidates. Oh wait a minute, that right the media is a prejudice as the quoted statement above.

    My opinion

    Richard

    BRAVO...where is the like button
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  10. #30
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Just because Bush graduated from those institutions, doesn't mean he's smart. The world is full of educated idiots. They are book smart, but couldn't poor piss out of a boot unless it had instructions written on the bottom.
    A good indicator that he has a little going on up there. Denigrating the "book smart" is a common tactic of the under educated.

    I would challenge you to listen to the interview at the following link in its entirety. Actually would challenge everyone to listen to it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...8Co8InGi4&NR=1
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •