RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Texas Weather

77K views 345 replies 81 participants last post by  KingOfTheGlades 
#1 ·
Yesterday afternoon about 6 ish we had a very welcome thunderstorm come through. It rained 1 1/2 inches and cooled down to 82 degrees.

Depending on which weather forecast you look at it will be between 106 and 108 this afternoon. Ugh! We will all stay in this afternoon.

#189 ·
Way to rub it in Wayne, now run that Rowdy in a few derbies! You will luv it!

#190 ·
Mary Lynn
Can you even see the water up there?
I would think it's all froze up in your part of the country.
I know you will be glad to have water to train in.

#191 ·
Randy Water is froze solid! They are playing hockey on it after they shovel the snow off! Snowmobilers run the pond and rivers if they are able. They also ice fish here (big thing?) I doubt we will see training water until end of April maybe if we are lucky! Hope you folks survive the storm coming that way! Not a nice winter anywhere!

#192 ·
Today's training was impossible.:-x Weather -11F in the morning and although the sun was out, the wind was blowing. This is what our training boiled down to this morning. Thought I would post to show everyone the little bit of creative training we can do just for fun! I ran Tar on two driveways and across the street (very quiet street). Not perfect but this was the best you can do. Getting real tired of this!!! I hope the weather is going to change SOON!!!:)

Hope everyone faired okay in the storm. Looked very bad on ABC news tonight.

[video]http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/MaryLynn72/media/MVI_0632_zps47613786.mp4.html[/video]

#193 ·
ML, That's tough training weather. Next week is going to be really warm here. Some lows above 50. Lots of water work next week.

#197 ·
At lunch time today the air temp was 70 and water temp was 51. I put a vest on Rowdy and we did a swimby refresher. Tomorrow will resume water marks and blinds. Yea!

#201 · (Edited)
Today we had 5" of blowing snow and you couldn't see early on in the day. Buses cancelled
And now, where is it going to go?? On Thursday morning, it is going to freeze rain, then go into rain. Apparently very heavy rain and thunder storms, Now I ask you with 3 feet of snow on the ground and the ground being frozen, this is a recipe for trouble!:(
Just brought some Roof melt today to see if I couldn't encourage melting! I have the sump ready to go! This should be interesting folks.
Anybody in its path I hope we get through this okay!!!I keep hoping it won't be as bad as they are predicting!:)

#202 ·
Dang, 80 here yesterday and today.

#204 ·
I would have thought we had or should have turned a corner with our weather by now. It has been dreadfully cold here. You can't train but I did attempt to go out today (10F) and do about three throws and two blinds on an area that is higher up and has grass showing.:) I regretted every minute out but Tar was so happy! Things are going to get colder if it is possible. We will have snow in the early morning. Then on Thursday night the temperature plummets to -11F! and only to rise to 13 F during the daytime. On Saturday it will be 29F which will be balmy if no wind!! Not a good winter folks. Fuel bill is rising!:(

#205 ·
Turned cold again here. Nothing like ML though.

#206 ·
Well the bad weather is here. Both directions of our major highway 402 is closed all the way into London. Pretty evident to see by the picture the problem. White outs and blowing snow 40 mph. Temp - something!!!:(
On the highway, 3 major collisions with one fatality!!

Snow Atmospheric phenomenon Blizzard Winter storm Winter

Here we are out throwing a mark like fools!!:) He is a trooper at 17 weeks! and he likes the snow.

[video]http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/MaryLynn72/media/MVI_0650_zpsdb621924.mp4.html[/video]

But this appears to be better!:) Sitting watching me bake? What else is there to do.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

#208 ·
Well the bad weather is here. Both directions of our major highway 402 is closed all the way into London. Pretty evident to see by the picture the problem. White outs and blowing snow 40 mph. Temp - something!!!:(
On the highway, 3 major collisions with one fatality!!

View attachment 17477

Here we are out throwing a mark like fools!!:) He is a trooper at 17 weeks! and he likes the snow.

[video]http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/MaryLynn72/media/MVI_0650_zpsdb621924.mp4.html[/video]

But this appears to be better!:) Sitting watching me bake? What else is there to do.

View attachment 17478

ML,

I think you are quite the trooper being out in that and throwing some puppy marks! Good for you, your on a mission, I like it!!!!

Chris

#207 ·
Dang ML, It's going to be 79-80 here tomorrow and Sat then turn cold again next week. Up and down here.

#209 ·
ML, You better correct that lazy sit! LOL!

#211 ·
I surrender. Forecast is for 18 degrees Sunday night. From a high of 80 on Sat.
What is going on?

#213 ·
Normally enjoy a little weather adversity, but I'm not appreciating weather that messes with our Texas hunt test. Last December we got snowed out of Brazosport, Angels junior title delayed until Feb. Now the forecast for Bryan-College Station is 80% rain with thunderstorms. Sleet and icy roads for the 3 hour road trip back home. Fear not, we're going tomorrow for her Senior title tomorrow come "ice" or high water!

#215 ·
Dang temp is only 13 with wind chill down to zero or less. I didn't get home from BCS HT last night until almost midnight. A six hour trip which is normally half that. The roads were extremely treacherous.

We were successful at ht but more about that later.

#216 ·
Wayne when does this end!! We are at -2F which is not as bad as I thought it would get. We had 4" of snow:( yesterday. Awaiting more Tuesday. Remaining cold a couple of days here. Hope your weather improves. Be safe! And we all await spring!!!:)

#217 ·
Thanks for for the road tip on the way home Wayne. I pulled over at West, Tx road stop and "chilled" out a bit. Forgot how exciting 15 mph on ice can be. Heart racing hoping you and the dog aren't going to spend the night in the ditch. Of course I was toast today. Too cold to train here. If I had it to do over I'd stayed overnight in Bryan and trained there before coining home. The Bryan - College Station Retriver club sure did an outstanding job of putting on a event in the cold. Great group of volunteers!

#218 ·
The central TX area is getting more freezing rain today (Waco, College Station). This precip is not enough to help the drought. Just enough to make things miserable.

#219 ·
31 degrees with hopefully drought fixing rain here on Matagorda Bay. Heading back to MI to see snow, this warm brown stuff gets boring after the geese leave.

#221 ·
Well finally some light at the end of our winter:confused: I hope!:) Going to 41F today. Hard to believe. So we will get much melting of those 3-4ft+ banks of snow. However Wednesday calling for more snow!!!!!!!and temps down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.