RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Texas Weather

77K views 345 replies 81 participants last post by  KingOfTheGlades 
#1 ·
Yesterday afternoon about 6 ish we had a very welcome thunderstorm come through. It rained 1 1/2 inches and cooled down to 82 degrees.

Depending on which weather forecast you look at it will be between 106 and 108 this afternoon. Ugh! We will all stay in this afternoon.

#3 ·
We didn't get much in the part of Flower Mound I like, but in Irving (where I work) OMG - it poured for a solid 20 minutes. The wind, thunder and lightning were bad too.

#4 ·
Lots of rain the last two days here in NE PA. But this morning its overcast (8:33 as I type this) and a very refreshing 65* !
Looks like a high in the Low-Mid 80's most of the week with nights going back into mid to upper 60's.

Too bad my dog is back at the trainers :( ... I really need to get me another dog soon haha.

#8 ·
I always hunt a week in Texas with my uncle. Everytime I show up, the weather goes crazy! I was snowed into Lubbock for a week in January 2007 and it was below freezing in El Campo last time I was there. I'm beginning to wonder about the "mild" weather everyone else talks about! We've had a ton of HEAVT rain on the east coast too.

#9 ·
Lots of rain up in Fenwick MI this past week and when I got home SURPRISE much rain. My gardens soaked.:D We still need more. Temps had cooled and humidity less. Today noticed heat up and humidity starting again. Only two days this time so the weatherman says???? Hope you all get some GOOD rains!!!

#12 ·
Yesterday morning was hot and sticky early on.

#15 ·
Im with you wayne, veeery hot here in louisiana as well... at 9:30 last night, the thermometer on my back porch was still reading 90 degrees. Wooopee, thats 15 degrees lower than the 105 for the day plus the humidity was cranked. My dogs are just laying around in their kennels with fans blowing on them. I alternate bringing them in the house throughout the day when we are home on the weekends. Its pretty sad when you can even get semi cool water to come out of the hose after letting in run for 10 minutes. No serious training during these days, isnt worth risking a heat injury.

#16 ·
Yesterday Rowdy was very lethargic (sp?) because of the hot sticky weather. This morning before training I let him play in the water hose (cold well water) and that got him hyped up. He did much better this morning.
All dogs spend the afternoon in the house staying cool.

#17 ·
None of my own dogs get trained much this time of year at all. Not worth it- the priority has to come to the client dogs and my dogs just get to be dogs til fall.. At least we dont have +++ Humidity here but nobody ever mentions northern CA when the heat waves come. Theyre calling for 100 + for most of next week here.Its just what we have from about June through September- it sucks-and we dont see a drop of rain til fall.

#19 ·
Southern based pros go north in the summer and northern based pros go south in the winter. Really can't train enough dogs in the south to make a living in the summer, max I think would be 10 big dogs. Almost impossible to FF-TT with our heat/humidity. Plenty of rain on a daily basis in southwestern Louisiana keeping ponds full and somewhat cool. Our training usually starts at 7:30 and ends at noon with mostly water work.

#21 ·
The forecast for the next four days is for a high between 106-107 degrees. I'm staying inside with the dogs.

#25 ·
We live on Lake Texoma which is a damn big lake. The water temp is 86. Can you imagine how hot the farm ponds and tanks are? I suspect the Blue/ Green Algae will show up soon. We train indoors.

#27 ·
We had a very cool thunderstorm roll through last night. It's what they call cloud-to-cloud lightning. We've been getting some rain up here the past week or so. I had to cut my grass Friday evening and could have cut it again last night!! it sucks, lol!!

#28 ·
69 degrees outside right now. It's great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.