The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: HUNTERS WANTED: 100 ac. farm for lease 50 miles SW of Washington DC

Default HUNTERS WANTED: 100 ac. farm for lease 50 miles SW of Washington DC

Attention hunters or those seeking modest living accommodations amidst 100 acres: Overgrown farm in process of being fixed up for lease with small liveable 2BR 1BA cabin. It is located in NW Fauquier County, VA about 50 miles SW of Washington DC south of Marshall off I66. Land is about half open (just bush hogged) and half woods, and is LOADED with big fat whitetail deer. Lots of turkey, rabbits, squirrels, coons; occasional black bears during berry season, and resident Canadas. There is a pond and strong stream on it and some wetlands. There is another old house on the property that is not liveable and some outbuildings, including a kennel bldg. next to cabin. Not suitable for horses or livestock as there is no useable fencing left. Very rural area of large farms/estates.

Foundation that owns it wants a presence there, so they want a one-year lease @ $1000/mo./negotiable depending on if you want the cabin or not. Cabin has previously rented for $600-700/mo. They are tired of complaints about poaching/ATV riders. They'd be agreeable to a group leasing it for hunting. Could be a great deal for the right person stuck in the metro D.C. area who needs a place to hunt, shoot guns, train dogs, etc.

My husband and I manage this farm for the foundation that owns it and the fields will be bush hogged regularly and clean up will be ongoing on some of the more overgrown areas including around the pond. If interested PM me or email me at hopespringsfarm@gmail.com. Photos to come as soon as I can find my camera!
    Last edited by Julie R.; 07-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Wow Julie that sounds like a great bargain for any sportsmen in the area!!.

Would love to but I am a young student and do not have that kind of money. If anybody wants to help teach a youngster I would be very grateful and can help take care of the land.

Julie is this property still available? I knowit was posted along time ago but I figured I would check.

Banned

wish I lived closer

Hey Julie, How far from Manasas is the property?
    HRCH UR01 CH UNJ WHISKEY CREEK'S DUKE CHASCERI MH
    Cherokee Foothills HRC

Well not sure if Julie is even looking at this thread anymore or not. I sent her an email also I hope she replies to one of them.

We had a lease not work out so this property is available. I'll try to get some photos of the house and land up in next couple days. No I don't check this thread regularly; but for chuck if still interested, property is about 25 miles west of Manassas. For fastest response, email me at hopespringsfarm@gmail.com or call me at 540/364-9480.
    Last edited by Julie R.; 03-18-2013 at 12:13 PM.

CliffMillsField_1162.jpgCliffMillsHouse_0785_edited-1.jpgCliffMillsOldHouseBarn.jpgCliffMillsPond_1155.jpg

This property is still for lease, attached a few photos. From left: biggest open field; liveable 2BR cabin, old (not liveable) farmhouse & barn; pond.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is the property still available?