The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Basics for a Gun Fight!!

Default Basics for a Gun Fight!!

subject: Important rules in a gun fight

in a gun fight.... The most important rules.....

have a gun has always been the first rule.

Some words to the wise. Shooting advice from various concealed carry instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A; guns have only two enemies: Rust and politicians.

B; its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C; cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D; never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.

E; never say "i've got a gun." if you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F; the average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G; the most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - cheat if necessary.

H; make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.

If you're in a gun fight:

If you're not shooting, you should be loading.

If you're not loading, you should be moving.

If you're not moving, you're dead.

J; in a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

K; if you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L; you can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M; you cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

"peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading," -- thomas jefferson

peace out!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

I like the ones that say to carry a gun whose caliber starts with the number 4 ( as in .40 .41 .44 .45)

or

carry a .45 because they dont make a .46, or carry a gun because a cop is too heavy to carry
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Default I'm a thief

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    peace out!!!

I'm stealing that post ! Thank you very much for providing it. A relative got married recently. She is moving to a large city where her husband will be gone on business at times. She got a new shotgun from her Daddy !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~