The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-A Anyone?

Evidently the respective Mayors of Chicago and Boston have had thier azzez handed to them!!

Boston's Mayor admits he messed up.
    Rahm "The Godfather" Emanuel says we misunderstood him!!
    After he reached an agreement with Louis Farrakhan, the anti-white, semite guy, to patrol neighborhoods in Chicago to reduce hate.
    Stan b & Elvis

I planned on going to the store today guess I better call the ceo first and find out his veiws on gay marriage. We better do that before we shop or eat anywhere. Sure isnt the America I grew up in .
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

First time posting over here so don't flame me too bad.

No one should be suprised by his statement. Their stores are closed on Sunday so it would appear that they have strong religious feelings.

Just wondering where you'll be shopping at Christmas when all of the hubbub will start about sales staff saying Happy Holidays and not Merry Christmas.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Mr Cathy is a Man, he is entitled to have an opinion, he is also allowed to give to any charity he wants. As long as he does not discriminate he is in the clear. If I cared what other people thought I would not shop at a lot of businesses. How about all the companies who do not allow CCW or any weapons when the state allows it? They are going against the 2nd amendment, isn't that going against my rights? This will all die down and CFA will make even more money. Free Advertising to all who think the same way, or people who really love the chicken they serve.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    First time posting over here so don't flame me too bad.

No one should be suprised by his statement. Their stores are closed on Sunday so it would appear that they have strong religious feelings.

Just wondering where you'll be shopping at Christmas when all of the hubbub will start about sales staff saying Happy Holidays and not Merry Christmas.
    More importantly, you should call Rahm Emmanuel and see if he approves!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Stan, if General Mills can come out and support gay marrage w/o government comment, Chic-fil-a should be afforded the same right and courtesy.

FWIW, I do not subscribe any constitutional amendment that mandates any specific group lose a right of freedom or self expression. I believe we have statutes that can handle issues like that and rightly so. If you want to only recognize marrage as a religous commitment between couples of the opposite sex, pass a law. But don't go messing with the constitution when it comes to rights, any rights. You start doing that and the floodgates open.

Having said that, no couple should be forbidden to be legally joined as partners no matter how odd it seems to others. A civil ceremony between 2 commited people takes care of that, and should be allowed anywhere.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Stan, if General Mills can come out and support gay marrage w/o government comment, Chic-fil-a should be afforded the same right and courtesy.

FWIW, I do not subscribe any constitutional amendment that mandates any specific group lose a right of freedom or self expression. I believe we have statutes that can handle issues like that and rightly so. If you want to only recognize marrage as a religous commitment between couples of the opposite sex, pass a law. But don't go messing with the constitution when it comes to rights, any rights. You start doing that and the floodgates open.

Having said that, no couple should be forbidden to be legally joined as partners no matter how odd it seems to others. A civil ceremony between 2 commited people takes care of that, and should be allowed anywhere.
    Golddogs,
    I agree with you on GM, also add Home Depot and Target who openly market to that demographic which in my opinion seperates (objectifies, the very thing they detest) that segment from the rest.

I also agree that "civil unions" should be (and I believe they are ) legal.
    I would add that if 2 people truly find love in the world, that is a good thing.

But marriage, and Mr Cathy's description of such, should not result in business being banned in Chicago.
    Especially when the same guy (Rahm) is walking arm in arm with Louis Farrakhan at this very moment.

The issue here is elected Government officials judging wether or not a business is welcome (amidst 8%+ UE) in a city.
    That is assinine and ubsurd!
    If Rahm "The Godfather" Emmanuel wants to embrace and celebrate an abherrent sexual behavior that's his business.
    To me, people are people and should not be defined by what they do in their bedrooms.
    But for some reason the gay agenda includes legislating thought and morals (or lack there of).

Having and ideolgy shoved down our throats (no pun intended) is not the American way.

ENOUGH!!!!

Having said this, I probably am no longer welcome in Boston or Chicago!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 07-27-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I have no idea how many times I've driven pass a Chick-Fill-A and have never stopped. I think I'll give 'em a try.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Words have definitions.
    Nitrogen is the seventh element of the period tables.
    It has a very defined definition.
    It has 7 protons, 7 electrons and 7 neutrons..
    Its defined as a gas. It is a law of science,, nature…
    It is a rule of the universe..
    Marriage has a definition.
    It is defined as a union of a man and a woman, committed to sharing their lives together on the bodily, emotional, and rational-volitional levels of their being, in the kind of community that would be naturally fulfilled by having and rearing children together.
    Its definition is supported by religious sacrament for the procreation of man..
    It is a Universal law of science and nature.
    It is a rule of the universe..
    We as Society can try and redefine the definition of Marriage,, But it will Always fail the test if it doesn’t include different sexes.. Universally by science law,, it cant happen, just as an element cant be Nitrogen if it doesn’t have 7 electrons, 7 protons and & neutrons..
    Our societal law of Marriage may be different. It may Include same sex “Marriage”
    But it really cant be called “Marriage because it doesn’t meet the Scientific, universal, or sacramental definition…
    Marriage in Society, can be easily obtained,, and also easily broken. A simple form from a stationary store,, and a bit of Money paid to the local authorities, can cancel a societal “marriage..
    Not such an easy task in the eys of the SACRAMENT and the CHURCH
    Nullification of the SACRAMENT of MARRIAGE can be a major undertaking..
    That is because,, before a MARRIAGE is performed through SACREMENT the marriage must meet the Universal , scientific, sacramental definition of the word. Through SACRAMENT ,, both man and Woman pledge honor and devotion to each other for life in the eyes of God.. It is VERY hard to nullify…
    Marriage has NOTHING to do with Judical law… Marriage is a SACRAMENT.
    A Sacrament that specifically defines the word Marriage.

Our legislators, representatives, Senators ect,, have no business re-defining sacraments defined by Religious beliefs.. Remember,, seperation of Church and state.

They also cannot pass laws and rules that undermine the constitution that gives us the right of freedom of religion, and the Sacrement of marriage.

Chick Fillet in EVERY TOWN!!!!! But just because the food is good.... And ONLY because the food is good... Its a RESTURANT.....

Again

JMHDAO.
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 07-27-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I have noticed that several Chinese Restaurants that I have been to have signs that state they have a right to refuse service. I do not see anyone closing them down or taking away business permits.

Terri