The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (MI) Looking for Training Property For Summer 2013

Nice......
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Where in Whiskey Creek were the Nationals held....I am very familiar with the area but not of the Field Trial area?
    As a matter of fact I do hunt like a girl!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4XGMPR HRCH Veragators G'Force ZZ Top "ZZ"
    CPR SHS RiversWild Outlaw Kiaya RooZZ "Kiaya"
    RiversWild Retrievers Mighty Miley--- "Miley"

www.riverswildretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by steelheadfred View Post
    ........ they have a huge womens festival that way every summer.
    when is this? are visitors welcome? how do they keep the skinny girls away?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Ken likes big butts and he can't deny...
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Timd View Post
    This is not true. I have a letter from the DNR that states you can train on public land all year as long as you are doing retreiver training without birds and no upland training.
    Timd, I too would appreciate a copy of this letter. I got a ticket last year on April 16th for training on public land.
    rogerste@comcast.net

Much appreciated, thanks!
    Tom Rogers; Owned and Handled by Al Capone's Magic Patriot Son - Riot
    [FC/AFC Big Alfonse Capone of Mo-Kan x Dominators Magic Avalon]

R.I.P. Grandpaws FC AFC HRCH Taylorlab Downtown "Dusty" Brown MH & FC CFC CAFC Taylorlabs "Magic" Trick MH CD
    Riot's Career
    on EE

Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.

Excerpt from the district supervisor out of Roscommon. Conversations with folks who have been in the business of training for years all say it is basically up to interpretation as to the legality and to check with your local CO or his/her boss.

"Training a retrieving dog to retrieve an object, other than a game animal, would be legal during this time period.

I have pasted a copy of the Order below:

14.3 Dog training, seasons, exceptions.
    Sec. 14.3. (1) Dogs may only be trained on game which can be lawfully hunted with dogs as defined in section 6.2 during the period of July 8 of one year to April 15 of the following year, except as provided in subsections (2) and (3), sections 14.4 and 15.2, or as otherwise permitted by law.
    (2) Fox may be chased from April 16 to July 8 in zone 3 on state-owned land with written authorization from the director upon an application form approved by the director.
    (3) Game which can be lawfully hunted with dogs may be chased throughout the year on state-owned lands within the following portions of the designated field dog trial areas:
    (a) Section 35, T7N R7W, and section 2, T6N R7W, within the Ionia recreation area.
    (b) All those portions of the Allegan state game area, Highland recreation area, Holly recreation area, Lapeer state game area, and Sharonville state game area designated as field dog trial areas in section 15.2.
    "
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."