RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Dogtra Edge

7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Jay Dufour 
#1 ·
I've had my new Dogtra Edge four collar system for over a week now and I really like it! Anybody else have one yet? What are your thoughts?

#4 ·
L Baker, Have you bench tested your unit? Feel free to call me & I can talk you through testing if you want. I now have over four months of hard everyday use on mine. All four collars have been used in training. Have not had a single issue with mine.

#5 ·
Thanks for the offer, appreciated. I have tested the collar. The day after my posting I was contacted by the Dogtra rep and they have arranged to send me a new replacement collar. I currently have 3 Dogtra collars and have always been impressed with their customer service and this is another fine example. I will receive the collar next week and further comment after a good field test.

Thanks again for the offer of help.

#6 ·
I am not a big fan of the layout. The four buttons are all for different dogs. On the Other Dogtra there is one button of nick and one for constant so I can step up the correction with one hand. on the edge I need to turn a dial with a second hand. the four buttons don't do me a lot of good cause I only train one dog at a time and can just switch the collar. The multiple button for multiple collar thing is something more for pointers the retrievers. It is kind of like a tri-tronics rip off that leaves off the best feature of the tri-tronics.

#7 ·
Nate, I've easily adapted to being able to perform "rise" corrections with one hand. I run the button with my middle finger and the intensity dial with my index finger, just like on my Dogtra 7102H (with a nick and continuous button) transmitter.

We often are in need of being able to provide collar correction to multiple retrievers at the same time when training, so, I really like the individual button per collar feature.

#8 ·
Nate, I've easily adapted to being able to perform "rise" corrections with one hand. I run the button with my middle finger and the intensity dial with my index finger, just like on my Dogtra 7102H (with a nick and continuous button) transmitter.
Training yesterday I realized I no longer hold my Edge transmitter as stated above. I now run the buttons with my thumb and the rehostat intensity dial with my index finger.

#9 ·
I have had my Edge since this past summer, and no problems. I like the "barrel" transmitter, maybe a "hangover" from Tritronics transmitter days? One thing, one needs a strong "thumb-push" to turn off the transmitter, I have noticed, need to be sure it is off before putting away for the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.