The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Deluxe vs Creative Dog Boxes

Default Diamond Deluxe vs Creative Dog Boxes

I am looking to buy my first box and I am going to get a three hole box with bottom storage. I am looking for advice as to which company makes the best box because obviously I want to be able to use this box for a long time. I would appreciate any suggestions that you could give me along with any experiences that you can share about these products.
    Thank you

I just got a 2 hole dog box with top storage from Diamond Deluxe. I am very pleased with it, they custom made it to my specifications and everything turned out great. I had a UWS before this one but I got a new truck that it wouldn't fit into so I had to get this one made. They only thing I don't like about the DD is that the handles stick out and aren't the low profile handles. The construction looks strong and like it will last a long time but some of the welding is a little dirty and wasn't done cleanly. Other than that I really like it. I contacted Creative about getting a box but never heard from them. I emailed them and called them. I've seen a few trailers that they've done and they look good but I have yet to see a box. Hope this helps

Thank you jbeall, I really appreciate it. I tried to PM you but I guess you have to have at least 10 posts to do that. If you dont mind would you call me. I have a couple of other questions that i would like to ask you. Eight One Seven, three six zero, six one zero five
    Thank You!!

I bought a box from Creative back in the spring. Called him and it was ready for pickup in about a week and a half. I love mine.

Thank you AUGRAD. I talked to them on the phone and they said that the dogs or puppies can get to the insulation in the box and I am worried about young dogs chewing or scratching it up. Could you see that as being a problem, and is there anything that you would change on your box.

Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppy View Post
    Thank you AUGRAD. I talked to them on the phone and they said that the dogs or puppies can get to the insulation in the box and I am worried about young dogs chewing or scratching it up. Could you see that as being a problem, and is there anything that you would change on your box.

Thank you very much for your help.
    I've got a CSS box that is about 5 years old and the dogs can not get to the insulation. If they can now, I do see it as a problem.

Neither CSS nor Diamond are top tier boxes, but for the price aren't bad I guess. I ended up buying a deerskin trailer so use the box for storage and the ocassional trip to the vet.

Get a built in fan and water regardless if which box you buy. And if you can swing it, go ahead and spend the extra $ and get a Deerskin, Ainley, or Mountain Top box. This will save you some bucks in the long run when you see one of theses nicer boxes and decide you want to upgrade.

Thank you for your reply. I was really worried when CSS said that the dogs could get to the insulation, and they haven't had any reports of the dogs bothering it. Cause i can just see a pup ripping it to shreads. I have been looking at the other boxes and really like them, but at about triple the price, I dont know if I can handle it.
    Thank you again.

If a dog can get to what they call "insulation," it's not really insulation and holds as much R value as putting a couple pieces of cardboard inside the holes. Remember, insulation works strongly in both levels of temps, hot and cold. those straight aluminum boxes are little ovens in the summer time and serve more of a protective purpose than proving comfort to the dogs. Save your money and buy a better quality box and it'll last you forever.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH (Shooter)

Thanks for your comment, I am new to this forum stuff but I am loving the feedback. I appreciate your time and info.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFeeken View Post
    If a dog can get to what they call "insulation," it's not really insulation and holds as much R value as putting a couple pieces of cardboard inside the holes. Remember, insulation works strongly in both levels of temps, hot and cold. those straight aluminum boxes are little ovens in the summer time and serve more of a protective purpose than proving comfort to the dogs. Save your money and buy a better quality box and it'll last you forever.
    The insulation in my CSS box is no more than a corrugated sheet of material about the thickness if a cardboard box. The six inch storage above the box also insulates.
    The CSS box is many times better than a plastic crate that most people are using before they go to an aluminum box. The top tier box with real 1" insulation is many times better than the CSS box.

Remember the high quality box will last pretty much forever and if you look for a used one you will see how well they hold their value.