The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama 2012 TV Ad during Olympics

Default Obama 2012 TV Ad during Olympics

I've been watching the Olympics on NBC the last few evenings and was surprised to see a Presidential ad come on with a very direct message from the President. Do any of you recall seeing a political ad during any of the previous winter Olympics????

The ad itself is very unseemly to me. I could see the President of the United States coming on and touting how our Olympians are the best our country has to offer and how we as a country should give party politics a break and rally behind them but a blatant political ad in the middle of the Olympics seems to me to be the exact opposite of what the Olympics stand for and really cheapens the viewing experience. Not the time or the place in my opinion.

Just curious if any of you feel the same way or are the Olympics fare political game?

RD

the Olympics are basically expensive marketing vehicles, fairly sure the the BHO campaign gets a favorable ad rate from his pals at the peacock network....NBC would run an ad from the Muslim Brotherhood if they paid for it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the Olympics are basically expensive marketing vehicles, fairly sure the the BHO campaign gets a favorable ad rate from his pals at the peacock network....NBC would run an ad from the Muslim Brotherhood if they paid for it
    Federal Political Candidates ALL get the lowest unit rate, Federal Law. Those rates are availble via the station's Public File and are inspected by both parties to ensure compliance.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Are the Olympics on?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Are the Olympics on?
    Have to admit its hard to watch the Olympics at night when the results are all on line in real time during the day
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Have to admit its hard to watch the Olympics at night when the results are all on line in real time during the day
    I guess the sec doesn't have any athletes participating in the Olympics or we would have heard how dominating they are from Franco.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners Up View Post
    I've been watching the Olympics on NBC the last few evenings and was surprised to see a Presidential ad come on with a very direct message from the President. Do any of you recall seeing a political ad during any of the previous winter Olympics????

The ad itself is very unseemly to me. I could see the President of the United States coming on and touting how our Olympians are the best our country has to offer and how we as a country should give party politics a break and rally behind them but a blatant political ad in the middle of the Olympics seems to me to be the exact opposite of what the Olympics stand for and really cheapens the viewing experience. Not the time or the place in my opinion.

Just curious if any of you feel the same way or are the Olympics fare political game?

RD
    Though not illegal, it is incredibly crass & class less.

Does that help you understand?
    Last edited by road kill; 08-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I guess the sec doesn't have any athletes participating in the Olympics or we would have heard how dominating they are from Franco.
    Stan b & Elvis

Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.

and "Though not illegal, it is icredibly class less." surprises you why? That is the first thought I have on the dude in DC.
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Quote Originally Posted by jacduck View Post
    and "Though not illegal, it is incredibly cras & class less." surprises you why? That is the first thought I have on the dude in DC.
    Doesn't surprise me in the least.

I have always said when there is credit to be GIVEN he TAKES it.

Why should the Olympics be any different?
    Stan b & Elvis