The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 142

Thread: Harry Reid accuses Romney of not paying taxes

  1. #111
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    It is not that simple. A lot of energy went into assuring that our president wantabe only had to pay 13% instead of 35%. And if elected, he will assure that him and his buddies can still avoid paying 35%. Hell 1% of Exxon's earning is a lot of money and more than most pay. Do you want to get 35% or 1%. 1% of the guy making $10 want buy a cup of coffee. But lets not tax the fortunate and tax the unfortunate....makes sense I guess if you are fortunate....hummm
    Recognizing I'm avoiding my #2 rule in responding to posters on this board, the IHOP fruit loop has again PO'd me enough I must respond.

    You are so filled with class envy, it will be impossible for anyone to reason with you. What part of this,

    10. Only in
    >
    > Democrat America: could the rich people who pay 86% of all income taxes be
    > accused of not paying their “fair share” by people who don’t pay any income
    > taxes at all.


    which I copied from my other thread. For all the 'smarts' you profess to have, you may be the most lost of all the fools that continue to sycophantishly follow Obama. If you weren't such a joke, most of us would probably pity you for being so blind.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  2. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Don't be too hard on them UB. they aren't so stupid to say "Wait a minute. After my taxes were computed, taking only legitimite deductions, my taxes came to less than my fair share SO I WILL JUST WRITE A CHECK FOR MORE IN ORDER THAT I PAY MY FAIR SHARE!!!!!" They aren't that stupid.
    You make we laugh, if only I could fly my family to Europe for vacation on my own private jet and declare it a business expense.

  3. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    You make we laugh, if only I could fly my family to Europe for vacation on my own private jet and declare it a business expense.
    So you don't like the income tax with its 70,000 pages of tax code. Well neither do I. I would think even an idiot would realize that it is a totally failed system of taxes but sit there and argue over what the amount of graduated income tax rate should be. I guarantee if Romney flew his wife and children to Europe, he either paid tax on the trip or justified it as a business trip BY THEIR DOING SOME BUSINESS, or the IRS would not allow it. Robert Kennedy Jr. draws a salary from his family tax free foundation and flies all over in the private jet for free on the foundation jet. The first lady and her girls flew to Paris to buy clothes but I assure you she met with some public figure or did something to call it a business trip.

    As for flying to Europe or your private jet, first you have to make enough money to buy the jet and actually many do. Then you have to want to go to Europe. As for me, I managed to pay my high school son during the summer for working for me. Paid his SS and medicare taxes and his withholding which he gotback since hd didn't make enough to owe income taxes. Sometimes I might have paid him even if he didn't show up for work on a day. but then again I had to start a business to be able to hire him. Oh I forgot I didn't start the business.

  4. #114
    Senior Member Sabireley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    Was the income from wages or capital gains? If I remember right.... I think Romney did not take a salary as gov. So, I am guessing his income is from capital gains. Nothing wrong with that, and it sounds like he's paying what is due.

    Also, if you think it's okay for me to pay $60,000 in taxes, I would think you would be thrilled with the guy that pays in $2,600,000 dollars.

    Not to mention his charitable donations which exceed $2,000,000.00 annually.

    $ Four Million Six Hundred Thousand Dollars in "giving back" to his country.

    And we should be mad about this why?
    Exactly!

    ..........

  5. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    So you don't like the income tax with its 70,000 pages of tax code. Well neither do I. I would think even an idiot would realize that it is a totally failed system of taxes but sit there and argue over what the amount of graduated income tax rate should be. I guarantee if Romney flew his wife and children to Europe, he either paid tax on the trip or justified it as a business trip BY THEIR DOING SOME BUSINESS, or the IRS would not allow it. Robert Kennedy Jr. draws a salary from his family tax free foundation and flies all over in the private jet for free on the foundation jet. The first lady and her girls flew to Paris to buy clothes but I assure you she met with some public figure or did something to call it a business trip.

    As for flying to Europe or your private jet, first you have to make enough money to buy the jet and actually many do. Then you have to want to go to Europe. As for me, I managed to pay my high school son during the summer for working for me. Paid his SS and medicare taxes and his withholding which he gotback since hd didn't make enough to owe income taxes. Sometimes I might have paid him even if he didn't show up for work on a day. but then again I had to start a business to be able to hire him. Oh I forgot I didn't start the business.
    Im not your attorney and you're not my client; however if you were my client I would have to strongly advise you to be careful about posting info such as this on a public forum!!!!

  6. #116
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    It is not that simple. A lot of energy went into assuring that our president wantabe only had to pay 13% instead of 35%. And if elected, he will assure that him and his buddies can still avoid paying 35%. Hell 1% of Exxon's earning is a lot of money and more than most pay. Do you want to get 35% or 1%. 1% of the guy making $10 want buy a cup of coffee. But lets not tax the fortunate and tax the unfortunate....makes sense I guess if you are fortunate....hummm
    I have a couple of problems with this post. First, FOR GOD'S SAKE WOULD YOU PLEASE TURN ON SPELL CHECK AND PROOF READ YOUR POSTS!! Just God awful much of the time.

    I also have to take some issue with the term "fortunate". That could be interpreted as implying that those with money "didn't make it themselves" but some how just had it plopped down in their laps. In some cases this may actually be the case, but I believe that you will find that a pretty significant portion of our current crop of millionaires and billionaires have actually made their own fortunes.

    Seems to me that the reason Romney is able to pay lower rates is because he is willing to take risks with his money by investing in businesses providing the capital for them to operate or expand, thus providing employment for many people. Perhaps he is even buying tax free municipal bonds providing cities with needed capital for infrastructure improvement and such. We are now seeing that even munis come with risk as cities declare bancruptcy. I don't like paying taxes, and I don't particularly like the current system, but since I am in the lowest tax bracket that actually pays taxes (not because I have a smart accountant but because I don't make much money), and if I am not overcome by class envy I don't see why some of you in the top bracket should be telling me that Romney is not paying enough.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  7. #117
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,047

    Default

    Cary, don't use spell check till Sambo does! His spelling is at least twice as bad!! Make 'em suffer...
    Bill Davis

  8. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Cary, don't use spell check till Sambo does! His spelling is at least twice as bad!! Make 'em suffer...
    Bill, I tried spell check once and it didn't work so I just have to show that I am a poor speller. I do like to think that my grammar is better than an 8th grader. Oops, an 8 grader when I went to grammar school. I guess now, it would be a senior!

  9. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Im not your attorney and you're not my client; however if you were my client I would have to strongly advise you to be careful about posting info such as this on a public forum!!!!
    I assure you that nothing I have said violates the IRS tax code. My taxes have always been done by a CPA with complete and accurate information. My nephew is a graguate of Duke Law school and has a masters from Columbia in tax law. He is an international tax lawyer and a senior partner in the Office in Florida of a very large law firm of the US. I have only been audited once, the first year I was in private practice for the last 2 months of the year. Problem was caused by the failure of the state of Tennessee to issue me a 1099 for the work I did. Personally, I don't think my tax advise could be better. All information is provided to my CPA and he makes the decisions. It has worked for 40 years so I can't complain.

  10. #120
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have a couple of problems with this post. First, FOR GOD'S SAKE WOULD YOU PLEASE TURN ON SPELL CHECK AND PROOF READ YOUR POSTS!! Just God awful much of the time.

    I also have to take some issue with the term "fortunate". That could be interpreted as implying that those with money "didn't make it themselves" but some how just had it plopped down in their laps. In some cases this may actually be the case, but I believe that you will find that a pretty significant portion of our current crop of millionaires and billionaires have actually made their own fortunes.

    Seems to me that the reason Romney is able to pay lower rates is because he is willing to take risks with his money by investing in businesses providing the capital for them to operate or expand, thus providing employment for many people. Perhaps he is even buying tax free municipal bonds providing cities with needed capital for infrastructure improvement and such. We are now seeing that even munis come with risk as cities declare bancruptcy. I don't like paying taxes, and I don't particularly like the current system, but since I am in the lowest tax bracket that actually pays taxes (not because I have a smart accountant but because I don't make much money), and if I am not overcome by class envy I don't see why some of you in the top bracket should be telling me that Romney is not paying enough.
    People are fortunate for many reasons. I think I have had fortune in my life time and have been unfortunate at times too. But because I have been fortunate and pay a lot in tax should not get me a better ride than the guy who has not yet had my good fortune.

    At the end of the day, taxes will be collected....I just think the fortunate should pay as much of a percentage of their earnings as the less fortunate. I can't believe anyone would argue this. They clearly have you hoodwinked as to move their agenda.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •