The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kennel Cleaner

I made my pen cleaner out of abs pipe ,a tee fitting and reducers to hook hose up.and a screw open clean out fitting
    I use pool pucks in it.

Take 4 ' of abs. Cut into two pieces 3' and 1 ' put tee between them with cement.
    1' piece is top. Glue clean out on open end of 1' piece.
    Put reducers in tee down to size of hose fitting this is the water intake
    Reducers on bottom open end of 3' piece and this is the out take.
    A pool puck lasts almost two weeks with daily use and large volumes going through.
    Never had a problem on kennels but did corpse roofing sheeting I had on wall in one section. Changed it to puck board and no issues. Forgot to add. A piece of vinyl sheet must be cut to inside diameter of pipe and holes drill to
    Act as screen to keep puck from blocking out take. Takes a couple minutes with a drill and jigsaw

Cost around $20 in abs pipe and fittings. Then I buy pool pucks by pail when on sale or season end clear outs.
    Used this for 20 years now
    Last edited by Baby Duck; 08-03-2012 at 06:27 AM.

We also use the Wysi Wash. I love it. Previous comment about the weak nozzle has proven true for us too. The types of germs and bacteria that this chemical eliminates is awesome. It doesn't leave any chemical smell but surely removes the kennel odor.

In our boarding facility we use the Wysi Wash but we have also started using a product called KOE, we get it by the Gallon from Lion Country Supply. Expensive but really good stuff...

Dave
    canine n. Synonymous with courage, valor, trust, selflessness. If we learned to be half of what dogs are, the world would be a much better place